Travel Times PP - SNK

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Travel Times PP - SNK

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:11 pm I took a share taxi from psar thmei recently. Left at 8.45am, arrived SHV at 1.30pm, including eating stop, those guys know the road. Nice Sienna car.
That's the next job, find a good driver with a good car. One that doesn't pick his nose or hack/snort all the way there.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:38 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:11 pm I took a share taxi from psar thmei recently. Left at 8.45am, arrived SHV at 1.30pm, including eating stop, those guys know the road. Nice Sienna car.
That's the next job, find a good driver with a good car. One that doesn't pick his nose or hack/snort all the way there.
If you go to the spot near psar thmei where they leave from you can size them up before you commit.
You'll get dropped near Canadia bank in SHV, from there you can call a PassApp to the pier, or wherever you're going. The two trips that I did recently were in good cars and the drivers were good but fast.
For the return trip, you do the same in reverse. The fare is $10 btw. If you take a gf, she'll enjoy chatting with the other pax.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:50 am
Doc67 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:38 am
If you go to the spot near psar thmei where they leave from you can size them up before you commit.
You'll get dropped near Canadia bank in SHV, from there you can call a PassApp to the pier, or wherever you're going. The two trips that I did recently were in good cars and the drivers were good but fast.
For the return trip, you do the same in reverse. The fare is $10 btw. If you take a gf, she'll enjoy chatting with the other pax.
That's a pretty quick time - under 5 hours. I have a boat connection to make so I better leave 6 hours
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Yes, I cut it fine but I caught the 2pm boat.
I got to the departure point in PP at 8.15am but there was 30 minutes waiting for more pax.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic