Is Cambodia Post working normally at the moment?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Is Cambodia Post working normally at the moment?

Post by xandreu »

I need to order something from abroad and they only have one delivery option (No DHL etc) and they tell me the final carrier will be Cambodia Post.

I've not used Cambodia Post for anything for a couple of years. I just wondered, with all the Covid stuff going on, are Cambodia Post open and running normally?

Thanks
linkjohn
Tourist

Re: Is Cambodia Post working normally at the moment?

Post by linkjohn »

I also am having some problems. I wrote to the postal service and they replied with sort of a cut and paste reply, But I got an answer, I have deleted it so i cant copy exactly what they said, Something like this. We apologise however some countries had stopped receiving international mail from certain locations due to Covid restrictions. They also wrote we understand it can be very frustrating but as you had mentioned yourself that Cambodia has numerous arrivals and departures through their capital airport daily we hope they will resume normal services soon! lets hope they get back to normal soon
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Same problem here, although I'm out in the province which complicates stuff.

Local postoffice ensured me everything is working fine. They also told me mail to this province (RTK) is sent out every 7-14 days from Phnom Penh because there's hardly any.
He didn't convince me. Went with DHL because I really need that shipment.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

I checked with the post office in Siem Reap as I was planning a shipment from India. He assured me that deliveries from India are normal and the current transit time is around 7 days. I shipped last week and according to the tracking the parcel has been sitting in Bombay for 4 days. It could be that India are lax in updating the database. Another 2 days to discover if it arrives in 7 days. I think its not always Cambodia Post who is to blame
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

samrong01 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:20 am I checked with the post office in Siem Reap as I was planning a shipment from India. He assured me that deliveries from India are normal and the current transit time is around 7 days. I shipped last week and according to the tracking the parcel has been sitting in Bombay for 4 days. It could be that India are lax in updating the database. Another 2 days to discover if it arrives in 7 days. I think its not always Cambodia Post who is to blame
Yes, when I asked the company who are sending me my package if they had any alterative delivery options such as DHL etc, they said they didn't, but they also mentioned that at the moment, when you track it online, it's common to see it get stuck at an airport for several days. They assured me it will get here eventually but as it has to go several hubs along the way, and many of those hubs are not working at full capacity, coupled with the reduction in actual freight flights worldwide, it will take longer than usual, but it's impossible to say just how much longer.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Further to my previous post I found from a different tracking app that my parcel already arrived in Phnom Penh even though the EMS tracking shows it is still in Bombay.

I highly recommend the website 17Track.net for anyone wanting to track a parcel as it seems more up-to-date even than the EMS International website.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

For the record the package from India did indeed arrive in 7 days as the post office promised. Highly recommend EMS service.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic