3 Chinese Sent to Court for Possession of Firearm and 56 Rounds of Ammo

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

3 Chinese Sent to Court for Possession of Firearm and 56 Rounds of Ammo

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): According to Lt. Gen. Rath Sreang, Deputy Commander of the National Gendarmerie and Commander of the Phnom Penh Municipal Gendarmerie, on the afternoon of December 16, 2020, three Chinese nationals were sent to court by the Phnom Penh Military Police on the afternoon of December 16, 2020 in connection with the illegal possession of firearms after being detained by the Chamkar Mon District Military Police at Boeung Trabek Plaza Market, Street 466, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh.
An assault rifle with 54 rounds of ammunition was confiscated by the authorities and the three Chinese are being held in custody.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: 3 Chinese Sent to Court for Possession of Firearm and 56 Rounds of Ammo

Post by newkidontheblock »

The rifle is virtually custom. Red dot, monorail (plastic looking), flash suppressor, etc. Not bargain basement Norinco.

That’s serious dosh on it.

And the suspects don’t seem to have the rich gangster vibe.

Are they going hunting? Or has China city become so dangerous that even the citizens need significant amounts of firepower to stay safe?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:04 pm The rifle is virtually custom. Red dot, monorail (plastic looking), flash suppressor, etc. Not bargain basement Norinco.

That’s serious dosh on it.
I must say you do seem to know a lot about this topic, I don't really have much experience but find it fascinating. There's one store I know of in the capital, but it is completely off limits to anyone outside of the security forces or high officials. This seems to be run as a monopoly, what might cost $850 in the US can easily cost $2500 here. Outside of that, there are stores that don't sell fire arms but do sell all those folding stocks and monorails, sights and tactical gear etc.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Basic black AR-15 starts at $700. Any color other than black goes up in price. And that’s in the US, in friendly places like Texas.

John Bingham - if guns are so highly restricted, how can so many shops that sell gun accessories exist in the Kingdom of Wonder?

Hope the local Khmer bag snatchers don’t get bad ideas from China city.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:50 am Basic black AR-15 starts at $700. Any color other than black goes up in price. And that’s in the US, in friendly places like Texas.

John Bingham - if guns are so highly restricted, how can so many shops that sell gun accessories exist in the Kingdom of Wonder?

Hope the local Khmer bag snatchers don’t get bad ideas from China city.
I'm not sure how many there are, I've only been in one. The accessories aren't counted as guns so I suppose they aren't restricted. They would be selling to security forces.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic