British Surfer Arrested in Bali with Medicinal Cannabis Oil

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: British Surfer Arrested in Bali with Medicinal Cannabis Oil

Post by Marty »

Captain wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:00 pm Obviously the marijuana trip didn't improve his art skills, it was obviously for pain relief only.
Does marijuana put you on a trip? I haven't tried it yet. Farout man. Now I have to find my friendly tuk tuk driver.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:56 pm A British man has revealed the sheer terror of facing time inside a notorious prison and the death penalty after his arrest in Bali last week.
December 19, 2018

Pip Holmes, a 45-year-old father from Cornwall in England’s southwest, was arrested on December 3 as he went to pick up a package sent from Thailand which contained bottles of cannabis oil.

Indonesian police said he received nearly 31g of cannabis oil in the mail and could face the death penalty if convicted. Indonesia has strict drug laws and dozens of convicted smugglers are on death row.

Mr Holmes, who describes himself as an artist and surfer, claims he was caught with just a tiny amount — around 3g — of medicinal THC oil, which he uses to treat his arthritis.

“Marijuana makes a considerable difference to the pain — it’s not a leisure activity for me,” he told the BBC.

“I knew what I was getting into … I knew there were very strict laws, but I chose to come here anyway because the surf is the best in the world.

“It feels like a great injustice, but I’m not in the UK, I’m in Bali, so it’s my own fault … I’m afraid because I don’t know how long it’s going to be before I can hug my children again. They are the only thing keeping me going right now.”

Mr Holmes was one of five detained foreigners paraded by officials at a news conference in Denpasar, Indonesia last week.

In a written statement, Mr Holmes said he had already been moved from a cramped police cell in Bali to a rehabilitation centre. He told supporters that “for the last few days, each morning I have woken up in a terrible nightmare” and asked for them to donate money to cover his legal fees.

“I still can’t believe that I’m here and I feel sick with fear,” he wrote.

“As it stands, I don’t know if I’m about to spend a few months in a rehabilitation or if I’m about to face five to 15 years in Kerobokan — one of the toughest prisons on earth.”
https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... 06008c7492
'Pip' is a middle class Englishman from (Free!) Cornwall. These laws in the colonies don't apply to him and his ilk, just the locals. Bad news Pip, I don't think you get to decide which laws apply to you and which don't in Bali. I hope you enjoy Nasi Goreng.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

^

Pretty certain he was released over a year ago.

He sure seems dumb. Imagine using your real name to receive shit like that in Indonesia...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic