Rich and Famous Flout the Covid Rules

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Rich and Famous Flout the Covid Rules

Post by atst »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:37 am
atst wrote:Back then everyone could get a permanent job, career by a house on one income work only 5 days week, shops closed weekends, Saturday was for sports Sunday picnics. Funny how now we can't afford to live like that now, in the name of progress.
Living on a single income is still possible. Easy litmus test. How many expats living in Cambodia have both spouses working? Or how many single expats live in the Kingdom of Wonder? Heck, some westerners even ‘retire’ at age 30-40s with growing families.

It’s all about expectations. Live like people lived back then, it’s possible. Live with all the advertising saying that one must have now, then it’s a different story.

Until the virus hit, that is.
Living here is not quite the same as Sydney Australia but point taken about living simple life less cluttered.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

atst wrote:Living here is not quite the same as Sydney Australia but point taken about living simple life less cluttered.
Even in Sydney, Australia, there are families living in a single room, without the latest smart phones, multiple cars, latest TV, karaoke machine, pretty jewelry, etc., patching up holes in their clothes, shoes, and everything else, living on a loaf of bread.

It’s all about expectations.

Expect more, costs of living will inevitably rise.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:44 am
atst wrote:Living here is not quite the same as Sydney Australia but point taken about living simple life less cluttered.
Even in Sydney, Australia, there are families living in a single room, without the latest smart phones, multiple cars, latest TV, karaoke machine, pretty jewelry, etc., patching up holes in their clothes, shoes, and everything else, living on a loaf of bread.

karaoke machine

It sounds like those people have just arrived from somewhere like here; I bet they are still happier than they were before.

And "karaoke machine"? Is it 1995 all over again?
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

NKOTB.....

Please share where you gathered this information? To make a statement like that with specific detail I would expect you have either lived there and knew people who matched your statement or you are just dribbling shit again.

Then again I lived 60+ years in Australia and must admit that I met some of those criteria as well.
Only had 1 car (at a time)
Older TV
No karaoke machine,
No pretty jewelry, etc.,
yes we patching up holes in their clothes at times
We wore shoes until they had holes but didn't "patch "them
"and everything else" is a wide very generalised statement but could use some description of what you mean.
" living on a loaf of bread." - Yep done that but did you mean forever, one day, one week, or each?
ffs :facepalm:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

If that's true then I'm correct it's no longer the lucky country.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic