Visa Question

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Visa Question

Post by Doc67 »

I am writing on behalf of a friend who is currently in the UK. The question is what visa can he apply for?

He is a UK passport holder with an expired EG Visa. He has been coming and going from Cambodia for years. His visa expired in January 2020 and he kept extending it on a monthly basis until when he left in August 2020. There were no overstay issues.

He has a daughter, 6 years old, b] and she is with him in the UK[/b] since August 2020. It was her first trip abroad with him alone. She was born in Cambodia. Her mother is Cambodian and her birth certificate names my friend as the father. She has a UK passport only and has a K Type visa in it, which expires August 2021.

Can he apply for an E-Type visa or are there alternatives on compassionate grounds that could be issued so he can bring his daughter back home and stay here to look after her?

One for you @PSD-Kiwi I think...
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Visa Question

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

His best bet is to contact Bong Khun directly to ask, they have been pretty strict on the supporting documentation criteria.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:33 am His best bet is to contact Bong Khun directly to ask, they have been pretty strict on the supporting documentation criteria.
Yeah, I have given him the number already.

I was trying to get some idea of options in this scenario. His main concern is getting an unusual class of visa that it unrenewable after arrival and then be unable to obtain a new different class of visa while in country.

Maybe they will give him an E class one and he will be ok.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

An E-type Visa is the only Visa that they are issuing, apart from A, B, C-type Visas which he won't be eligible for.

Upon arrival he has the options of the ER, EB, EG or ES EOS's...whichever he is eligible for.

Some people have successfully obtained an E-type Visa from the Embassy recently with confirmation of enrollment in a Cambodian registered educational Institute....and then an ES EOS once in country. Could be an option for him.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic