Dune Buggy Driver Goes Off Road on Phnom Penh Bridge

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Dune Buggy Driver Goes Off Road on Phnom Penh Bridge

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On December 7, 2020, at 00:25 am, a dune buggy did some odd manoevers as it drove off the road and smashed into the side of Chbar Ampov's bridge in Khan Chbar Ampov, Phnom Penh. The driver then attempted to escape from the accident scene.
The local people reported that before the incident, a dune buggy, which is an off-road car, was driven by a man with his wife as a passenger. The car drove up to the bride from west to east at medium speed, when suddenly, for some unknown reason,the vehicle drove off the road and crashed the bridge's barrier.
The car driver tried to drive off and escape, but the front wheel was broken. The car limped slowly up street 369, until the car driver stopped the car and tried to fix it. His wife walked back home.
The vehicle owner could not get the car to move, so he called a tow truck to take his car to his house.

The local people called Chak Angreng police to check the accident, so the police went to the scene and took the car driver to check the damage at the scene. After that, Chak Angreng police returned the case to Chbar Ampov police.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Dune Buggy Driver Goes Off Road on Phnom Penh Bridge

Post by Brody »

I've seen that cunt whipping around my neighborhood on that thing.

I'm glad his stupid-ass broke the thing and he didn't kill anyone in the process.

More money than sense........fucking chowder-head.

Those things are called Sandrails and are meant to be driven on sand dunes on along beaches and whatnot.

They're not for blasting up and down residential paved streets.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

There are quite a few of them around, mostly owned by numbfuck locals with more money than sense as you say. They go riding around the countryside sometimes, but they're annoying as they're too big for local tracks and simply unsuited for Cambodia. One of my nightmare scenarios is blasting on a track and then coming face-to-face with one of those going the opposite direction. I see a lot of them riding around Toul Kork during the daytime (I think one of the shops is in that area, or most of the owners live around there). There's also one often parked near Super Duper on 63.

Then again, I'm sure we've all done stupid stuff at night on motorized vehicles...

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:47 am There are quite a few of them around

Then again, I'm sure we've all done stupid stuff at night on motorized vehicles...
Ok, but being that this happened in Chbar Ampov and I live in Chbar Ampov.....it's probably safe to say that this is the knuckle head that I've seen around.

And the "stupid stuff" wasn't relegated to "at night"......he plows around in the day, along residential streets with kids playing.

He's a tool and should be taken out back and beaten with a rubber hose.

I'm glad he broke his toy..........but seeing as how money, curiously, never seems to be in short supply with Khmer elite.....it will be up and ripping through quiet suburban streets again very soon.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I hear ya.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Small dick syndrome.