TouchScreen - Help needed

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
antonio66
Expatriate
Great Britain

TouchScreen - Help needed

Post by antonio66 »

I have purchased a fanless mini computer and 7" touch screen as a controller. I have connected up and the touch screen doesn't work. A DVD came with the touch screen which I do not know what is on it, possibly a driver or just set up instructions. I have gone through numerous reviews of both products and more than one say no drivers are needed. One question asks, touchscreen not working, answer, set to touch screen as main screen on pc and then touch can be used. I do not have a separate monitor or keyboard to open up the pc and don't know what to do next.
Since I am a computer numpty, (serious numpty) I am hoping some kind member will be able to help me, may need a monitor and keypad to help set up. :bow:
Thanks in anticipation.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: TouchScreen - Help needed

Post by Marty »

Yes, you will probably need those 2 items to set it up. Since you won't need them in the future, is there anybody around to borrow those from? Alternatively, the shop where you bought it should be understanding and obliging. I'm curious, who's the maker and what's the model number? Thanks.
antonio66
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by antonio66 »

these are the 2 items in question, both purchased from Amazon.

Both items purchased through CAMBO QUICK CS <[email protected]>

As Marty says, I will only need the monitor and keyboard to set up, and would be happy to come round to your place to set up. Any help would be appreciated since I have no real knowledge on computers.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

antonio66 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:10 am these are the 2 items in question, both purchased from Amazon.

Both items purchased through CAMBO QUICK CS <[email protected]>

As Marty says, I will only need the monitor and keyboard to set up, and would be happy to come round to your place to set up. Any help would be appreciated since I have no real knowledge on computers.
Is it this one that you purchased?: OEM 7 Inch Fanless Mini PC All in One Industrial Computer Touch Panel Embedded Android Tablet. Looks interesting.
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ssian »

Do you have a Television with HDMI port?
You can try connecting the fanless Mini Celeron and see if works?
I doubt the issue is with the touchscreen display since it's a plug and play thing without driver needed, just plug in the HDMI...

Can i ask how much in total did you pay for these items via cambo?
antonio66
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by antonio66 »

Unfortunately I do not have a tv. I have connected the pc to the touchscreen, opened up the pc and the first question is do I want to continue in English?. I went to press the YES on the screen and nothing. I have since read more reviews and questions, one of them having a similar problem with the touchscreen not working, the answer was to go into setting and select touchscreen monitor as the main screen. I cannot do this without a monitor or keyboard.
I have sent you a pm ssian.
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ssian »

If you have a PC then it would be better because your PC will detect and inform you of the new hardware connected to your PC...

Since it is a 7" monitor, the black screen you are referring to, are you able to drag and see if there's any scroll bar? It may be due to PC resolution being too high and what you are seeing is a small portion of the overall picture due to default resolution is the lowest.. Because you were able to see the YES continue in English so i doubt it's faulty...
antonio66
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by antonio66 »

I have had some success today. I received an email from the supplier, there are two mini usb inputs into the touchscreen. I removed the cable and put it into the other one and hey presto the touch screen is working. My problem then was setting everything up, but could not get my password accepted on Yahoo, even though it was correct. I have had to open up another email address and I'm good to go. But with success come failure, i want to go on the internet and the keyboard does not come on the screen even though its been working fine while setting the pc up. I have emailed the supplier and now wait in anticipation.
antonio66
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by antonio66 »

I have received an email this morning, I need to install a virtual keyboard, again this will need to be done using a monitor and keyboard, and not only that I would need help also. Can anyone recommend a computer shop that could do this for me
antonio66
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by antonio66 »

Had to go in 5 different shops on Kampuchea Krom yesterday before someone finally grasped what I needed, even though 2 or 3 said they could help. Anyway found one young man who seemed as though he knew a bit and we finally got it sorted. Very happy now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic