Oh, You Internet.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Oh, You Internet.

Post by Brody »

ImageImage
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Spigzy wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:36 pm That fish & chip question is a disgrace. If it isn’t salt & vinegar, the follow up should be “which country did you move from to the UK?”
Since this topic came up, any recommendations as to where I can find good Fish and Chips in PP?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Spigzy wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:36 pm That fish & chip question is a disgrace. If it isn’t salt & vinegar, the follow up should be “which country did you move from to the UK?”
Only an Audi driving racist xenophobe would say something like that.

Poor form Spigzoid.......and in this day and age of cancel culture, too........I have a mind to enlighten your employer as to your atrocious web presence........you unadulterated tosser.

Good day to you Sir.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Brody wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:33 am

Poor form Spigzoid.......and in this day and age of cancel culture, too........I have a mind to enlighten your employer as to your atrocious web presence........you unadulterated tosser.

Good day to you Sir.
Due to the sad state of affairs society has become recently, i have trouble determining if this is a joke or not :(
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

IraHayes wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:38 am

Good day to you Sir.
Due to the sad state of affairs society has become recently, i have trouble determining if this is a joke or not :(
Indeed........I hardly recognize this world anymore.......my bad, I previously forgot to add:

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Good day to you Sir.
Cheer up Chief, I don't drive an Audi - unadulterated tosser I can accept as accurate though! :hattip:

It wasn't intended to be racist/xenophobic btw, sorry if you read it that way. Was more about suggesting that anyone who has anything other than salt & vinegar on their chips should question whether they are truly British. As a Londoner who was brought up as one of three white kids in a class of twenty+ from the age of 4, I don't have a racist bone in my body. Farewell & adieu.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:06 am
IraHayes wrote:Still.... it's pretty much spot on. It was 100% accurate for me ..... including the "curry sauce" lol
What happened to the tartar sauce going on the fish and ketchup going on the chips?

Had Arthur Treacher’s Fish and Chips as a child. They were so good. Nice malt vinegar, topped with tartar sauce, and fries crowned with tangy ketchup. When I asked why, the reply was because they were English, not American.

Of course this was decades ago, and British tastes have changed since then. Never found another one.
Fucking “fries”? Fish and fries, with
vinegar, tartar sauce and ketchup?
They’re called “chips” and are eaten together with fish (cod or haddock) salt and vinegar, end of.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

You are all wrong. It's fush n chups

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic