COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:25 am Thier looking for a barang to blame
I don't think so. If you talk to the locals you'll see they're pretty angry about the behavior of the wife of the big prison guy.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Re: COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by TWY »

Yes, though I wouldn't say there is much anger. Just acceptance - as normal - that there are people with their own rules. They blame the woman but know nothing will be done so no real reason to waste their energy worrying about it. I think the school closure is more upsetting than the fact this woman broke the rules.
Josideb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Josideb »

Aeon back open today
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Is Aeon Mall 1 closed due to virus fears?

Post by Doc67 »

IraHayes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:17 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:03 pm
Although 17 cases, almost all related directly or indirectly via employment with the first case of community spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus in Cambodia – the 56 year old wife of the Director-General of Prisons – have been detected this far, contact tracing officials have become exasperated with the difficulty in finding out the “patient zero” of the case.
Or as we will now call it .. the "Scapegoat"
It is essential to locate “patient zero” to determine how he or she got infected and start tracing back past activities and contacts and to determine when and where the 56 year old woman got infected.
So the lady went to the states, returned and skipped regulation quarantine .. because .. "Don't you know who i am" mentality and now the lackeys are running around like headless chickens looking for something that is right under their noses but they can't point a finger at.
Has this been reported? I know it was speculated but I haven't yet seen it as officially reported.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Cambodiana Hotel gym and pool was closing today, this was decided yesterday. Last time the pool stayed open so hopefully this will change in the next few days.

How they can re-open a huge shopping mall but close a pool is baffling. Probably money has something to do with it.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:52 pm Cambodiana Hotel gym and pool was closing today, this was decided yesterday. Last time the pool stayed open so hopefully this will change in the next few days.

How they can re-open a huge shopping mall but close a pool is baffling. Probably money has something to do with it.
It would be safe to say that here money is what it is all about, don't take away from the ones who have at any price or reason, even if it would endanger public health.
Prime Minister HE sent the right message in every possible way when he called for his people not to panic. It also was the youngest local person 7 month old, of the first case of community spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus in Cambodia

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50788325/d ... irst-time/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Doc67 wrote:Cambodiana Hotel gym and pool was closing today, this was decided yesterday. Last time the pool stayed open so hopefully this will change in the next few days.

There's zero logic or reasoning behind most of the decisions.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:49 pm
Although 17 cases, almost all related directly or indirectly via employment with the first case of community spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus in Cambodia – the 56 year old wife of the Director-General of Prisons – have been detected this far, contact tracing officials have become exasperated with the difficulty in finding out the “patient zero” of the case.
It is essential to locate “patient zero” to determine how he or she got infected and start tracing back past activities and contacts and to determine when and where the 56 year old woman got infected.
So the lady went to the states, returned and skipped regulation quarantine .. because .. "Don't you know who i am" mentality and now the lackeys are running around like headless chickens looking for something that is right under their noses but they can't point a finger at.
Has this been reported? I know it was speculated but I haven't yet seen it as officially reported.
Nah, it didn't happen. Just gossipy rumor, it would seem.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:28 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:49 pm
Nah, it didn't happen. Just gossipy rumor, it would seem.
It could be that too many may talk of this. But I think the propaganda machine has been working overtime in the past, (most believe what they are told here). Westerners are, and have been the biggest problem and source of imported covid19, undoubtedly so, and takes the eye away from the masses of Chinese arriving in the country, but again for locals it would not be difficult to notice, but may there be gain too for local people. Again, this last incident, even stating that it is the first case of community spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus in Cambodia, again it is that the west is involved again.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic