Expat survey: Thailand and Bangkok continue to decline

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Expat survey: Thailand and Bangkok continue to decline

Post by ExPenhMan »

Thailand has lost 25 places since 2017 in the Expat quality of life rankings. That sounds about right, although I and my friends felt the slide from about 2015. The survey of 15,000 expats notes data was collected in March 2020.
The report ranked Thailand in 30th place overall, which while above average in the Expat City Ranking 2020, was down ten places from the 20th place it ranked in 2019, and significantly down from the 5th and 8th place ranking in 2017 and 2018, respectively.

Bangkok scored particularly poorly in the Quality of Urban Living Index (53rd) ranking and came in last worldwide for its urban environment (66th), with 64% of expats unhappy with this factor (vs. 21% globally).

An expat from Germany said, “there is awful air pollution in Bangkok and a lack of green spaces”. Expats are also unhappy with the political stability — just 26% rate this factor positively (vs. 61% globally).

Bangkok didn’t score much better in the Urban Work Life Index (50th) does not look a lot better: expats are dissatisfied with their local career opportunities (49% unhappy vs. 34% globally) and the state of the local economy (33% unhappy vs. 18% globally).

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/119431 ... ll-survey/
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Expat survey: Thailand and Bangkok continue to decline

Post by sigmoid »

Still a great place for single men :downtown: and gourmands :snorting:.

Probably not bad if you can settle in a smaller non-touristy city, maybe Udon Thani? :chin:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic