tailors on the streetside for big custom-made shirt

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

tailors on the streetside for big custom-made shirt

Post by Bongmab69 »

I am a pretty big guy, 150 kgs, and in 2015 when i came first time to PP a nice lady took me to a street where it was full of tailors, just on the walk-way !! They made several shirts for me, the best i ever had !! The girl lost contact with me, and because that time i had no clue where she took me, i only remember, driving on 51 we took a right turn, i try to find again, should be somewhere not so far away from Orussey marked i would yhink, but nobody can explain me where !! It was a pretty big street (as 214 for example) but its not that one,and around the corner where some small streets whit even more tailors with a small stall, all together i would think at least 50 of them !!
anyone has an idea where this would be and if it still exists

thanks in advance !!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: tailors on the streetside for big custom-made shirt

Post by AndyKK »

It maybe in this area you seek, thing is I have noticed of the city, all business of the same trade seems to pocket together in same areas.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: tailors on the streetside for big custom-made shirt

Post by xandreu »

You're right, there are quite a few on street 214. If you drive down from the Olympic Stadium end you'll see them on the left on the corner of one of the side roads (Street 113 or 111, I can't remember) but they're easy to see if you just go down street 214. I had some shirts and trousers done there last year and you're right about the quality, I still wear them now and never had an issue with them. They were tailored perfectly. (Although I've lost quite a bit of weight since so they're now a bit too big)
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic