The Visa Situation...

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: The Visa Situation...

Post by Alex »

Okay, it's good to know that. I might still do it, because I probably won't have a chance to come to Cambodia in July and August. So it's either extending before and losing some time, or starting over fresh later this year.
dan1el
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dan1el »

Ok I renewed my visa today and here is what my reliable visa guy told me. All visas being renewed have gone up 3$ whether its a 1,3,6 or 12 month extension so chakrapop got stitched up for 2$. It now takes 7 days to get back. The consulate dude who left was called something like nourn sivorn or something similar, when passport comes back I will check and post it to clarify. I hope this helps.
Chakraphop
Expatriate

Post by Chakraphop »

Chakraphop wrote:
I will let you all know when I get my visa back next week. Its possible that this is down to Cina of course and i'm being fed a line, but in the 4+ years i've been going there they've been both very competitively priced and incredibly honest about everything. Incidentally I took 2 friends there the same day who both got 3 month visa extensions - also 7 days wait.

I hope this is just down to a transition rather than a permanent change but I guess we will see...
Well as promised a followup.. Passport actually came in Saturday morning in the end. The name has changed to "Sok Veasna", so they were spot on about that. They said they are unsure on timings and how they will be affected in the future. As for the price... Well I'm happy to pay $158 for a 6 month visa to these guys, they have always been v. reliable, not sure how much cheaper than that it can be got.

ak2
Tourist

Post by ak2 »

Hey guys. I need to leave KH to get my first ordinary visa and need to do it cheap. Does anybody know if there is an agency that does the visa run to the Thai border by bus? I don't want to pay for a VN visa I'm not going to use. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance CEO :D
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

ak2 wrote:Hey guys. I need to leave KH to get my first ordinary visa and need to do it cheap. Does anybody know if there is an agency that does the visa run to the Thai border by bus? I don't want to pay for a VN visa I'm not going to use. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance CEO :D
Take any bus to Poipet, cross the border to Thailand, shop for a day and return to Cambodia, easy. There is no need to go through an agency.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

You might want to check that the bus is actually going to Poipet...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic