BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by Username Taken »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:58 am Looks like it's working, indeed! Still working out a few kinks here and there.
Do the kinks include fixing Tweets and YT vidz that were recently posted?

Any that were posted in the past week need to be 'previewed' and 'reloaded'.

Examples:
On the Music thread a lot of the YT urls are not loading the video.
This one for example posted by DaveG post457413.html#p457413
was just a url. I edited, previewed and saved, then it appeared. Seems it's necessary to preview or else it won't work.
See around that post, the others are just urls.

Example 2:
Protests in Bangkok thread:
Tweets not loading. This one post457497.html#p457497
I did the edit, preview and save, but nothing showing. However, the tweets showed when previewed.

Can we get this fixed before Richard notices?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:33 am
General Mackevili wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:58 am Looks like it's working, indeed! Still working out a few kinks here and there.
Do the kinks include fixing Tweets and YT vidz that were recently posted?

Any that were posted in the past week need to be 'previewed' and 'reloaded'.

Examples:
On the Music thread a lot of the YT urls are not loading the video.
This one for example posted by DaveG post457413.html#p457413
was just a url. I edited, previewed and saved, then it appeared. Seems it's necessary to preview or else it won't work.
See around that post, the others are just urls.

Example 2:
Protests in Bangkok thread:
Tweets not loading. This one post457497.html#p457497
I did the edit, preview and save, but nothing showing. However, the tweets showed when previewed.

Can we get this fixed before Richard notices?
Dang, it seems as you say. Anything embedded in the twilight zone (between before the feature was edited this week and just now) need to be 'edited,' and everything before and after are fine.

I also checked out Richard's post you linked to, and while the 'edit trick' didn't work, I went and added an extra 'space' between the URL and the rest of the post, and that seemed to do it.

It appears that it's now VERY sensitive to having a full space between the URLs and the rest of the text in the post, or it won't kick in. Perhaps it can further be tweaked, but I'm not certain at this time. Will see what we can do.

Haha, 'before Richard notices.' :ROFL:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i know its a thankless job but
someone must keep ya on track....
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Fake notifications? I am constantly getting many notifications that do not relate to anything. I got 82 this morning, two were genuine "rated positively" but 80 of them just said Reply, but when I check them there, was nothing on the link that relates to me and I have not posted there. Am I missing something?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

for the mods
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:42 am

I tried to register over there but got an error message "this site key is not enabled for the invisible captcha"

Is Buscador handling IT for them or is it that old fool Username Taken?

All in good fun

https://d34ov3vwfhhb30.cloudfront.net/D ... Reacts.mp4
Gavin's Trolls are banned
CEO Russian man informed of Gavin Mac's permaban in a nighclub
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:05 pm for the mods
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:42 am

I tried to register over there but got an error message "this site key is not enabled for the invisible captcha"

Is Buscador handling IT for them or is it that old fool Username Taken?

All in good fun
Ho, ho, ho! A laugh a minute at that place.
Yes, we know about the registration/captcha problem and our team of trained Kampong chimps are dealing with it as we speak.
I suppose once that's fixed we'll be flooded with more 440 members looking for something more interesting.

"old fool"? I thought UT was only about 30. He sure acts like it. :facepalm:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

It’s back ... on Tapatalk.

The dreaded ‘you are not logged in and it do not have permission’ message has reappeared.

Followed by..

‘Permission Error: your session appears to be expired or the net network is having a problem. Please log into the forum again to restore access.’

Attempts to log on are greeted with..

‘System Message: CURL: Operation timed out after 500 milliseconds with 0 bytes received. POST fails, doing retry with GET request. CURL: Operation timed out after 500 milliseconds with 0 bytes received. Tapatalk authorization verify with no response. Authentification failed, please log in with your username and password.’

Please save me!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

:mrgreen:
Spoiler:
(hee hee hee
if i can learn to hack, anybody can)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

[Ignore this, just a test.]

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:45 am It’s back ... on Tapatalk.

The dreaded ‘you are not logged in and it do not have permission’ message has reappeared.

Followed by..

‘Permission Error: your session appears to be expired or the net network is having a problem. Please log into the forum again to restore access.’

Attempts to log on are greeted with..

‘System Message: CURL: Operation timed out after 500 milliseconds with 0 bytes received. POST fails, doing retry with GET request. CURL: Operation timed out after 500 milliseconds with 0 bytes received. Tapatalk authorization verify with no response. Authentification failed, please log in with your username and password.’

Please save me!
Thanks for posting the error itself. Unless it stays like that, I'm assuming it's an issue on your end. Try force closing Tapatalk and rebooting your phone if it's still happening. I just did a test post on here through Tapatalk, and it worked, although it doesn't mean 100% that the issue is on your device, just a good indication.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic