Bangkok British tourist locked up in ‘horror’ prison, fellow inmate dies in his arms

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
adders28
Expatriate

Re: Bangkok British tourist locked up in ‘horror’ prison, fellow inmate dies in his arms

Post by adders28 »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:26 pm
adders28 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:45 pm
yong wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:43 pm Whenever I read news of overstayers I will wonder why people choose to break the law and over stay. This is so strange to me. Why don't foreigner do the proper thing to extend the visa instead of breaking the law? Why people choose to break the law and finally face the consequences fathoms me.
This man was stupid, some have gone through hell for overstay as were in hospital so could not extend
The 'crime' does not warrant death however stupid
We both broke thai LM/112 law even reading the Vaj and Goi article , law is an ass...
Most hospitals will assist westerners with immigration and extensions if they are admitted to the hospital

Main reasons i see for over stayers from reading forums for awhile

1. Misread the dates that the visa was valid for
2. Waiting for paperwork, so could apply for the correct visa
.....Both of the above would not be long overstays and easily fixed by paying the fine which is topped out at ONLY 20,000 baht

3. ran out of money

once ur over stayed for 6 months +, its hard to admit to yourself .... you fucked up...

I agree the brit was an idiot. Even if his money was stolen....no biggie, get more...
I wish that were true but the cops are being nothing short of cnts these days, just see this today , what a criminal mastermind...
https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/expats/ ... in-pattaya
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bangkok British tourist locked up in ‘horror’ prison, fellow inmate dies in his arms

Post by Mishmash »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:26 pm
adders28 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:45 pm
yong wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:43 pm Whenever I read news of overstayers I will wonder why people choose to break the law and over stay. This is so strange to me. Why don't foreigner do the proper thing to extend the visa instead of breaking the law? Why people choose to break the law and finally face the consequences fathoms me.
This man was stupid, some have gone through hell for overstay as were in hospital so could not extend
The 'crime' does not warrant death however stupid
We both broke thai LM/112 law even reading the Vaj and Goi article , law is an ass...
Most hospitals will assist westerners with immigration and extensions if they are admitted to the hospital

Main reasons i see for over stayers from reading forums for awhile

1. Misread the dates that the visa was valid for
2. Waiting for paperwork, so could apply for the correct visa
.....Both of the above would not be long overstays and easily fixed by paying the fine which is topped out at ONLY 20,000 baht

3. ran out of money

once ur over stayed for 6 months +, its hard to admit to yourself .... you fucked up...

I agree the brit was an idiot. Even if his money was stolen....no biggie, get more...
Not really... He was an unwelcome cunt - stay home.. I am stupid - a real bozo but I dun fuck with the law and people who can do me in.. his name will never be remembered in history - another chip paper wrapping.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I remember being unsure first time if I had to leave on the date or the day prior to what was marked for exit, so I left the day prior to avoid any confusion or cell block battering
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Mishmash wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:34 am
I am stupid - a real bozo but I dun fuck with the law and people who can do me in
:D
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Captain Bonez wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:25 am
I am stupid - a real bozo but I dun fuck with the law and people who can do me in
Ha! That's a great find.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Captain Bonez wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:25 am
:-o Some people should listen to their own advice.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic