Have many businesses closed because of covid ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Re: Have many businesses closed because of covid ?

Post by TWY »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:33 pm A Siem Reap guest house owner has announced on social media that it will be closing at the end of November 2020.
--------

For anyone thinking of taking a look - don't bother. They weren't selling everything and only seemed to have a few beds & mattresses for sale. Everything else was either "we are keeping" or "its the landlords". So no tv's, fridges, tables, chairs, etc. Not worth the drive.
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

Thanks for the update, its a very bad location for a guesthouse, surprised it stayed open this long.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:30 pm
alexvanlaar wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:16 am
theKid wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:06 am
alexvanlaar wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:54 am Pontoon? Just asking.....
Pontoon is open and seems to be going quite well actually. The few times I popped by in the past few weeks it was as packed as ever.

I think that a wave of problems is still to come. The shutting of the borders coincided with the ending of the “high” season. Many tourism related businesses just idle through the low season and make most of their money during Nov to March, so 2020 so far has not been too different. But that expected income from the coming 5 month will obviously be missing and cash-flow issues will only now become visible.
Thanx Kid!
I think you may find the situation has changed in the intervening 26 days since he answered your question.
Responding to Lazy lawyer:
like to hear this has changed recently, since I dont like the Pontoon at all
Their so called security never let me go inside in the last 15 years, saying I look like a troublemaker, which I am NOT, so they can go bankrupt, which would make my week!
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:33 pm A Siem Reap guest house owner has announced on social media that it will be closing at the end of November 2020.
The owner sounds crushed. I feel her pain. I also firmly believe in the oft repeated phrase, "where one door closes, another opens." Hopefully things will start looking up soon for her, and all the other struggling business owners.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

It's a he. Former police prosecutor from Alice Springs.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

nemo wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:45 pm It's a he. Former police prosecutor from Alice Springs.
Ah, yes. Sex is so confusing these days. :facepalm:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

'Brave man, Techno

Calling a former Northern Territory police prosecutor a girl.

:hattip:

I thought it very "cute" that he pinned his failure on "the world's governments"
At least he learned a trick or two about blame-shifting from those he was prosecuting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic