Recent pics of flooding in PP 2020

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Recent pics of flooding in PP 2020

Post by John Bingham »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:50 pm Which are the hardest hit areas of the city?
I'm not sure, but I was in Boueng Tumpun near Wat San Sam Kosal on Saturday when the rain was heavy but not as bad as Sunday and there were some streets flooded there.

Mao Tse Tung Boulevard near the Mondiale Center.

Not sure where, maybe Stung Meanchey.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Some Aerial Views of Phnom Penh Capital City
AKP Phnom Penh, October 17, 2020--
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Photos from Arey News; 17 October 2020
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

NHK news featured a snippet on the flooding in Cambodia. In it Iron Man came out and explained to Khmer people that the flooding in Cambodia was solely because it rained. The dams failed because ... it rained.

The Khmer really are his children. And daddy was explaining how the world works to his children.

The guy is a genius.

Better put my tin foil hat back on, now.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:30 am NHK news featured a snippet on the flooding in Cambodia. In it Iron Man came out and explained to Khmer people that the flooding in Cambodia was solely because it rained. The dams failed because ... it rained.

The Khmer really are his children. And daddy was explaining how the world works to his children.

The guy is a genius.

Better put my tin foil hat back on, now.
You may not have noticed, but there has been a whole lot of torrential rain recently. What's your theory if it wasn't rain?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

In less than 20 minutes, Street 13 on the corner of Street 136, Sangkat Phsar Kandal I is flooded
November 21, 2020 at 19:53
Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: At 7:20 pm on November 21, it rained for less than 20 minutes, but the heavy rainfall severely flooded the corner of Street 13 and Street 136 in Sangkat Phsar Kandal I, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:43 am
Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: At 7:20 pm on November 21, it rained for less than 20 minutes, but the heavy rainfall severely flooded the corner of Street 13 and Street 136 in Sangkat Phsar Kandal I
There was some torrential rain this evening that went on and off for hours.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic