American CHRISTOPHER BOWMAN Admits Smashing Riverside ATM

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

American CHRISTOPHER BOWMAN Admits Smashing Riverside ATM

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On November 16, 2020, the criminal police received a complaint from the branch manager of PPC Bank, concerning an ATM which was damaged by a foreigner on Preah Sisovath road, street 110, Sangkat Wat Phnom, Khan Don Penh, Phnom Penh.

After receiving the information from lieutenant Ngeng Choun, director of the criminal department, on November 19, 2020, the police force led by lieutenant Pal Sothy, the deputy director, arrested a 45-year-old American man, CHRISTOPER TERENCE BOWMAN, at Aquarial hotel, in Sangkat Chatomok, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh. He was sent to the criminal department for questioning.

The suspect confessed that he broke the ATM's glass door and the ATM machine belonging to PPC bank.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American CHRISTOPHER BOWMAN Admits Smashing Riverside ATM

Post by timmydownawell »

Well thank you, on behalf of everyone who has wanted to do that on at least one occasion.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
flea
BANNED

Post by flea »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:48 pm Well thank you, on behalf of everyone who has wanted to do that on at least one occasion.
Exactly who hasn't smashed up and ATM or two and then gone on to break a public phone box or some other idiotic act of vandalism. Yeah right on timmy.👌
Josideb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Josideb »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:48 pm Well thank you, on behalf of everyone who has wanted to do that on at least one occasion.
Yea cant say I agree. If the ATM doesnt work I just go to the next one like everyone else, dont think Ive ever wanted to smash the glass door and punch the screen. :facepalm:
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Post by Sir Stephen »

Machine not pay? Door locked...he couldn't get in or out? Glass not easy to break, I don't see his knuckles bandaged. :hammerhead: :BangHead:
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Josideb wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:23 pm
Yea cant say I agree. If the ATM doesnt work I just go to the next one like everyone else, dont think Ive ever wanted to smash the glass door and punch the screen. :facepalm:
Bloody hell guys. Need a sense of humour implant? I mean those occasions when the machine inexplicably eats your card, even though you have money in your account. We don't actually smash the ATM for it, but for a moment we kinda want to.
Josideb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Josideb »

No because its just not funny.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I certainly smacked phone box hand pieces a few times in my youth, never broke one, just frustrated because the fucking thing stole my money. I must have bashed the vending machines in the Tube stations even more, but they were built strong. As for ATMs, they always had cameras and likely your details if you had just used them so that would be pretty dumb.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Josideb wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:36 pm No because its just not funny.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:44 pm I certainly smacked phone box hand pieces a few times in my youth, never broke one, just frustrated because the fucking thing stole my money.
Obviously didnt hit it hard enough.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic