Taiwanese Driver Hits Cake Seller on Riverside; Denies Claim in Local Media That He Was Drunk

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Taiwanese Driver Hits Cake Seller on Riverside; Denies Claim in Local Media That He Was Drunk

Post by Brody »

Paid them 3 grand.........went to the hospital to check on her........they're up and gone like a fart in the wind.

Probably couldn't believe their luck that they got a foreigner to fork over 3 grand for something that another Cambodian would have only had to pay 3 to 5 hundred for.

By the time the guy did the gentlemanly thing and went to visit the lady...she and her husband were probably already off their tits on rice wine in the province.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Drunk Chinese Driver Hits Cake Seller on Riverside

Post by Tootsfriend »

atst wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:31 pmWhere's the mob

There is the list of their names at the bottom of the page .

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Albror, Cam.O'Dear, capuccino, CEOCambodiaNews, clutchcargo, Cooldude, Dr. Ifter, Google [Bot], IraHayes, John Bingham, mark.jason, paul2d, Pellyafrinaldy, PSD-Kiwi, simon43, Soriya, Woody and 788 guests
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Taiwanese Driver Hits Cake Seller on Riverside; Denies Claim in Local Media That He Was Drunk

Post by Kahuna »

NOT Drunk
NOT Chinese
Just a typical example of piss poor driving skills (or lack thereof).
Good on him though as he didn't run away, according to his own account, which is part and parcel it seems after any driving accident in Cambodia and which the locals seem to do with regularity. In this case as he is Taiwanese that may account for it.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

And there we all are ready to hang the guy , after reading false news again, apologies from everyone I think.
In the end the good guy got scammed.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

CEO NEWS; For information: Taiwan is referred to as "China (Taiwan)" in most Khmer news reports, so it is not surprizing that Taiwanese nationals are referred to as "Chinese" in CEO news items that are directly translated from local news.

If news on CEO that is translated from Khmer describes some Taiwanese as Chinese, this is due to direct translation, not to any political ideology by CEO regarding Taiwan vs China. However, we apologise if this translation was offensive to the car driver.

Also, as regards people at the scene allegedly reporting that the driver was drunk, well that is what was reported, and CEO News is happy to learn that this was incorrect according to the car driver. Thanks to the person involved for giving his take on the accident.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Brody wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:24 pm Paid them 3 grand.........went to the hospital to check on her........they're up and gone like a fart in the wind.

Probably couldn't believe their luck that they got a foreigner to fork over 3 grand for something that another Cambodian would have only had to pay 3 to 5 hundred for.

By the time the guy did the gentlemanly thing and went to visit the lady...she and her husband were probably already off their tits on rice wine in the province.
I was hit by a local. I've mentioned before my medical evac to Thailand and surgeries, cost $100K plus that insurance paid.

I got from the guys dad $100-200. I didn't really push, the person I had doing negotiation for me I just told to get it over with. Guy was a thief and Dad was selling blocks of ice, the ice for drinks not the other one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic