The Art of Being the Perfect Expat Wife in 10 Lessons

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: The Art of Being the Perfect Expat Wife in 10 Lessons

Post by Arget »

I tried to make a quid being a gigolo at one time but failed miserably. No one wanted a fat bald old bloke to waste their money on when other options were available.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:44 am
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:18 am
LIVIDZX wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:20 pm You said you used to be a dom, was that a joke or? If not you could have shown him who's boss in that respect. :whip2:
No it wasn't a joke, I did it as a job for a while, but it's not a role that comes naturally to me. In relationships I am the opposite.

so ya did it for the $$$?

strange choice of a job
What's strange about that? Going for a niche shows good business sense, much more money than for providing the usual bog standard services.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Replace "spa" with 2.5$ massages and "champagne" bubbly with "Angkor" beer and i'm pretty sure i've seen that before around there. It's not a local specialty though
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Ghostwriter wrote:Replace "spa" with 2.5$ massages and "champagne" bubbly with "Angkor" beer and i'm pretty sure i've seen that before around there. It's not a local specialty though
It’s a local specialty. Just not an expat specialty.

Sounds like a boring life of nothing to do all day long.

Real housewife is pretty busy.

So busy that in PRC China, they go to school to learn how to be one.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:26 am It’s a local specialty. Just not an expat specialty.
Mmmmh nah.
I've seen more local couples where the husband acts like a wanker, spending in ktvs, beers, girls, and where the wife is dealing with the real deal stuff. All across south asia at least.

And there is a portion of expats having various kind of local trophy wives, doing not much except keeping pretty and entertained, eased by higher husband wages and smaller cost of life, in all countries around at least.
You just have to know a certain amount of long-timers from the working community ($$) to see it though.
And sure enough, the cheap version of it available too, with cheap manucure and cheap beer, with a husband getting a thousand bucks per month, this is Cambodia after all.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Alex wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:57 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:44 am
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:18 am
LIVIDZX wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:20 pm You said you used to be a dom, was that a joke or? If not you could have shown him who's boss in that respect. :whip2:
No it wasn't a joke, I did it as a job for a while, but it's not a role that comes naturally to me. In relationships I am the opposite.

so ya did it for the $$$?

strange choice of a job
What's strange about that? Going for a niche shows good business sense, much more money than for providing the usual bog standard services.
$350 an hour, why wouldn't you?!?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic