Indian Roti Seller Attacked and Robbed in Phnom Penh Street

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Skankykins
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Indian Roti Seller Attacked and Robbed in Phnom Penh Street

Post by Skankykins »

Yeah, especially the guys that lump those heavy bin bags in the late afternoon heat full of 10,000 riel tops for the bargirls (they remind me of the beach vendors in SNV who seem really relieved to put down their mobile BBQs at the sniff of a sale.

Tough life for those sellers from the sub-continent. Just trying to eke out an honest living all the time while probably getting looked down on by hookers, robbed by gangbangers and brushed off by disinterested and bone idle cops.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:40 pm
Albror wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:44 pm
atst wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:50 pm Poor fella must have been frightening experience, little help from the police
Are barangs allowed to do this type of work, I thought we weren't.

No they never went through with that law change.

More funny to me is that they even stole the eggs.
Not sure why the guy having his products that he uses to make money & scrape out a living on the streets is funny, I just feel really sorry for the guy
Yeah for sure it's not at all funny for the guy, but stealing eggs without breaking them must be a delicate matter. Maybe the police can follow the traces of cracked eggs to find ...
Spoiler:
ten guys cooking an omlette ?
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

Sorry, but an attack like this wouldn't happen in BKK, maybe they choose a 7 -Eleven ,but a Roti-seller? No way!
Tells me A LOT about the economic situation in KOW and /or the increasing meth-problem.
Prefer PNH anyway!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic