Kenyan woman comments on lack of dating options & racism in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
covidsux
Expatriate
Bahamas

Re: Kenyan woman comments on lack of dating options & racism in Cambodia

Post by covidsux »

I find that generally Africans keep a low profile here and you seldom see them in the more popular bars and such.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:54 pm The dating point was a bit of a red herring, which she explains quite well later in the video. It's interesting that she mentions African dudes here only being into white women, and that white guys aren't generally into African women, but doesn't mention Asian women at all! She's pretty enough but I'm about half her weight so I'm not sure where that would be going! I really enjoyed hearing her perspective though, if you can get past some of the silly parts she has some really astute observations about what it's like to be African in Cambodia. 8-)
You certainly wouldn't want her on top!
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

covidsux wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:24 am I find that generally Africans keep a low profile here and you seldom see them in the more popular bars and such.
Some of them seem they can’t be flashy and conspicuous enough though.

Which brings me to a different question:

Without wanting to go into too much detail: Some time ago I found myself in need to swap a sum of RMB cash into USD without wanting to involve any official institutions. I was introduced to a Nigerian guy, who I have seen around Naga before, and he exchanged it for me.
Now before I get any shit here: I did a “due diligence”, the notes were are real, and the procedure (although like in a fucking movie) felt professional and save.
I would assume the answer to my question as to where those guys (there seem plenty here) get that money from would be the usual stuff like drug dealing etc, cliche or not.
But my actual question is, what the fuck is this guy gonna do with all those RMB? He himself told me that he can clear them for a profit back in Africa on certain Chinese Belt and Road projects but I find this a bit far fetched.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

covidsux wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:24 am I find that generally Africans keep a low profile here and you seldom see them in the more popular bars and such.
The remaining st 110 bars are popular with Africans. That area has been in decline in the last 5 years whilst st 5 and 130 have been on the up and up.
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Post by Sir Stephen »

I think she would have a lot more to say if she lived in Thailand.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Marty wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:28 am You certainly wouldn't want her on top!
Actually, there is a whole fetish around skinny guys being flattered by big girls. The girls earn a fortune.
Jamie will have a link for you, I'm sure.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:47 pm
Actually, there is a whole fetish around skinny guys being flattered by big girls. The girls earn a fortune.
Thank you, rozzieoz. It sounds intriguing. I will put the links to good use.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

She's been here for over ten years. Very nice lady.
Johno35
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Johno35 »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:47 pm
There’s all sorts of fetishes. Some people like to eat shit. Doesn’t change the fact that the majority of men are not into obese women.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic