Self Isolation Question

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
WizBall
Expatriate
Mauritius

Self Isolation Question

Post by WizBall »

Can someone please clarify I am allowed to self isolate in my apartment with my family? The landlords getting pressure from the local authorities asking to remove me and go to a hotel. She’s even offered to pay my hotel fees ? I am in the wrong here? We are thinking about going to the province now but I’m not sure how that’s any better. Is there a helpline or such I can call?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Self Isolation Question

Post by Jerry Atrick »

WizBall wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:53 am Can someone please clarify I am allowed to self isolate in my apartment with my family? The landlords getting pressure from the local authorities asking to remove me and go to a hotel. She’s even offered to pay my hotel fees ? I am in the wrong here? We are thinking about going to the province now but I’m not sure how that’s any better. Is there a helpline or such I can call?
If all of you are isolating together, with no coming or going at all, it's okay.

But

If your family are coming and going as they please and having full contact with you - well that would be a double digit IQ move
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The Government directives clearly state that you are permitted to continue the self-isolation/quarantine at your registered address after being released from the initial hotel quarantine, but you should take all necessary precautions to avoid the possibility of infecting others.

So if you live in a small apartment and/or are in close contact with the people you live with, and they are going about their daily routines normally (ie. going to markets, to work, to school) then it is no surprise why your landlord is concerned.

If the people you live with are self-isolating with you, or you have a big enough property where you can ensure that there is no contact, etc., then it shouldn't be an issue.

The government have not published clear guidelines of exactly what is expected of those in self-quarantine, they assume people will use common sense. Enforcement and checks by the authorities of those in self-quarantine is minimal, and depends on where you live. My Sangkat Chief knew when I arrived home, he visited and ensured that we understood what was required, luckily we have 2 separate houses on our property so I was able to self-isolate myself from my family. He then periodically popped over to check and have a beer with me from the opposite side of our courtyard :beer3:
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

WizBall wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:53 am Can someone please clarify I am allowed to self isolate in my apartment with my family? The landlords getting pressure from the local authorities asking to remove me and go to a hotel. She’s even offered to pay my hotel fees ? I am in the wrong here? We are thinking about going to the province now but I’m not sure how that’s any better. Is there a helpline or such I can call?
For the sake of your family and everyone else, please just go to a hotel.
WizBall
Expatriate
Mauritius

Post by WizBall »

For the sake of your family and everyone else, please just go to a hotel.
[/quote]

Sorry thats a bit OTT.

Ok so what I gathered that there’s no clear rules but I and my immediate family should have minimal contact with people until my 14 day test. Yes that’s fine and what we have been doing just getting food delivered and such. But why should I be removed from where I live and pay for? I have given this address to the airport authorities so I should just up and move around? Defeats the object.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

I think the hotline still operates - 115.

Now, I can tell you that when we called and asked some questions we got different answers on different days. But if you get pushback from local authorities I might be tempted to call and have them speak with them directly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic