How much does a Maybach cost?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: How much does a Maybach cost?

Post by whatwat »

I’ve had an S, E and C class. The S doesn’t like to be driven hard. Compare that to a C which likes to be driven quick. The S is too large and heavy.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

yong wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:37 am Meanwhile in Thailand the Maybach S560, based on the S-Class sedan, currently retails for 17.44 million baht (US$560,000).

By the way an S-Class S560 costs 6mil baht (US$193,000)
Don't Merc have an assembly plant in Thailand for these?
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:56 am
yong wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:37 am Meanwhile in Thailand the Maybach S560, based on the S-Class sedan, currently retails for 17.44 million baht (US$560,000).

Don't Merc have an assembly plant in Thailand for these?
Most Mercedes Benz models are assembled here not all. As for Maybach there are all imported
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

covidsux wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:28 am Poor(er) man's Bentley/Rolls/Ferrari
Most Maybach models cost about as much as most Bentleys/Rolls/Ferraris, some considerably more (like the Pullman Guard). They are also the car of choice for most heads of state.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

That would explain why I've seen some which still had the Maybach emblem, and others which had the Merc one. I guess the former were second hand.

As for them being poor man's Ferrari, I don't think so. At the factory they'll customize literally anything for you. They've got a wide choice of wooden trims, colours etc. Similar to Rolls. I think the average one here (Rolls and Maybach) isn't customized, but it's still an option for the well-heeled. They were all assembled by hand in Germany back in the day.

Either way, it's still very telling of Cambodian society that I see so many every day now.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Am I imagining it, or are some members of this forum insanely rich?

I could never imagine choosing to save multiple years or decades on a car. Or in short, making a lifetime purchase ... on a car. Instead of a house.

I envy you guys.

Please continue the thread of lifestyles of the rich and fabulous.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

That $467,000 saving buys a lot of fuel and servicing.

Or a nice piece of real estate which, if invested wisely and goes up by 10% per annum, will pay for the entire S-Class financial catastrophe!

You really need more money than you can even imagine how top spend before you say "yes" to a Maybach purchase without it's losses make you miserable.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

In Cambodia?

Have you thought this through, Lex?
It just seems to me that you will be paying far more than most other people on the planet.
Have more trouble and pay more money to keep up to scratch.
Have it degrade quicker because of the road and other conditions.
- and never be able to put thru its paces. Not half, not once.
??

(not having a dig - i do my own kind of crazy stuff here too)
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:47 am Am I imagining it, or are some members of this forum insanely rich?

I could never imagine choosing to save multiple years or decades on a car. Or in short, making a lifetime purchase ... on a car. Instead of a house.

I envy you guys.

Please continue the thread of lifestyles of the rich and fabulous.
Manufacturers offer very good deals on purchase at very low %.
Especially in Europe you can buy a Mercedes/BMW/Audi for xxx a month then after 3/4/5 years either pay off the lump sum or give it back and get a new one.
You never really “own” it.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic