Looking for suit makers, shirt makers etc

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Looking for suit makers, shirt makers etc

Post by SlackWaster »

Hello

Does anyone know where I can get a suit, and some shirts made? I live in PP but have only found the crazy expensive brokers down on the main road. I'd rather talk to the actual tailors. Anyone?

Someone said there's some tailors at Psaar TTP - where's that? I've only been here 3 years, lol and still don't know anywhere.

Thank you
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Looking for suit makers, shirt makers etc

Post by epidemiks »

Define crazy expensive.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Phsar TTP = Toul Tom Pong AKA Russian Market I am unsure there are many there. There are more tailors by ouressy along Makara 7 (that's a road of Monivong) and on the streets leading up to the market 107/111 - you will see them. However sir, two points - I'm guessing you speak very limited khmer so you really won't get very far in your negotiations without help from a local which will make this difficult. Secondly you say the main road I assume you mean Monivong, indeed they are expensive there - although I am unclear what you expect to spend. I can highly recommend Angkor Tailor just off Sihanouk Blvd https://www.facebook.com/angkorindependent/

they speak English and are excellent quality/value and make shirts and suits. You really don't want to go too cheap as you'd just be disappointed.
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

Shirts
streets 111 and 113
between
st 198 and 214
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Can any of them get decent material in at the moment? They don't make any here, can they get anything trucked in from Thailand at the moment? Air freight is very high at the moment.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

For what it may be worth, I chose and buy my shirting materials @ Shop Number 40E0, Street # 113, right next to Orussey Market, and get measured and made by the tailor at the same shop. It's very busy and requires three days, sometimes four, from measurement to pick up. A deposit is payable at time of measurement and ordering. Balance on pick up.

A couple of tips based on personal experience. Sleeves - Cambodians seldom roll up their sleeves so sleeves are cut slim. If you want sleeves you can actually roll up then look out for this and explain this at time of measurement. Shirt tail - Cambodian shirts tend to have a short "tail" by our standards and I order a longer shirt tail. But these are personal preference issues. This shop has a huge selection of fine shirt materials to chose from.

OML
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

I had a suit and two shirts made by a lady tailor called Nimnim Douch in PP. You can find her on Instagram (@nimnimdouchh) and Facebook (Nimnim Dress or Nimnim Douch). She made very good clothes, had a wide variety of materials to choose from. Hope this helps.
AM34
Expatriate

Post by AM34 »

What is a reasonable range to pay for mid-level shirts and suits? Have got lots of stuff tailored before, but never in Phnom Penh.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic