American STEPHEN GREATSINGER (Khmer440 Member 'BSCW') Arrested in Cambodia After US Embassy Threats

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American STEPHEN GREATSINGER (Khmer440 Member 'BSCW') Arrested in Cambodia After US Embassy Threats

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:54 pm
Alexandra wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:46 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:18 pm He was arrested three months ago? When did TOF's new owner take over and remove him and his thread from the site? Three months ago?
I took over the site in January and BSCW was banned and his thread shut immediately.

He was a nuisance until late June when he threatened to kill me and my family. Then he had some kind of technical problem, I guess his computer broke or something, and he stopped visiting the site and days later he was arrested.

That's quite a coincidence. :shock:

As for Batshit, I never understood why the previous owners of TOF thought it was entertaining to let him unravel his mental health problems on their space. (Over and over and over.) I guess they were desperate for traffic. But, even so, why would you let your forum be a platform for a lunatic making death threats ? It's not an attractive look even if some people are attracted to train wrecks.
Doesn't seem like much of a coincidence as he was always ranting about the US embassy. If he was losing it with Alexandra a few days before his arrest it would be no surprise if he was also losing it with the main target of his ire, the US embassy.

The batshit wasn't that bad in terms of forum experience since he was confined to his one thread. Reading that garbage in every thread would be terrible, contained in one thread it became inconsequential IMO. Not that the admins should have placated him with that thread in the first place, just that the fact they did had little impact on the forum experience IMO as it was a single thread.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: American STEPHEN GREATSINGER (Khmer440 Member 'BSCW') Arrested in Cambodia After US Embassy Threats

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:49 pm Classic batshit here: post300469.html#p300469

:plus1:
Holy Hellsbells
I thought that thread was closed for being the very best example of the kind of perversity and toxic outpourings that we should rightly hide from the rest of decent human society.
lol

or do you just open it for Friday nights?
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Isn't it an anonymous forum! How did they know who Batshit was?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Did the US really send stimulus cheques to people who don't even live in the US? Isn't the idea to stimulate your own economy?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:40 pm Did the US really send stimulus cheques to people who don't even live in the US? Isn't the idea to stimulate your own economy?
I think people could pick them up at the US embassy, yes.

They send to every US citizen. Separating it into who is an expat and who is not is absurd.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Did the US really send stimulus cheques to people who don't even live in the US?
yes
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:45 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:40 pm Did the US really send stimulus cheques to people who don't even live in the US? Isn't the idea to stimulate your own economy?
I think people could pick them up at the US embassy, yes.

They send to every US citizen. Separating it into who is an expat and who is not is absurd.
Why is that absurd?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Yes, all citizens were eligible, whether resident or not. u.s. citizens pay federal tax on all income generated abroad( with small exceptions).
We're getting way OT here, but americans abroad get proper fucked (as Snatch would put it) on taxes from foreign earnings.
Last edited by Clemen on Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
up to you...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Yobbo wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:33 pm Isn't it an anonymous forum! How did they know who Batshit was?
Good point, High Commissioner

Mish got outed because he had posted his photograph here - and you couldn't deny the crime scene photo's were him.
So, in effect, he outed himself. Everybody has the right to choose that to whatever degree they want.
But does the anonymity stop as soon as the cuffs are slapped on any member, regardless?

My personal vote - No. < usually
Anonymity should be almost sacred.
However, if the guy has declared war on your biz and threatened your family, repeatedly. I would probably both call the cops - and out the bloke.

There are definite limits - even calling the cops is sometimes on.
Bullies and thugs rely on codes of silence being inappropriately applied - and they don't deserve them.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:11 pm
Yobbo wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:33 pm Isn't it an anonymous forum! How did they know who Batshit was?
Good point, High Commissioner

Mish got outed because he had posted his photograph here - and you couldn't deny the crime scene photo's were him.
So, in effect, he outed himself.
But does the anonymity stop as soon as the cuffs are slapped on any member, regardless?

My personal vote - No. < usually
Anonymity should be almost sacred.
However, if the guy has declared war on your biz and threatened your family, repeatedly. I would probably both call the cops - and out the bloke.

There are definite limits - even calling the cops is sometimes on.
Bullies and thugs rely on codes of silence being inappropriately applied - and they don't deserve them.
^
Batshit routinely posted his real name, court records and all sort of personal shit. He outed himself
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic