American STEPHEN GREATSINGER (Khmer440 Member 'BSCW') Arrested in Cambodia After US Embassy Threats

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American STEPHEN GREATSINGER (Khmer440 Member 'BSCW') Arrested in Cambodia After US Embassy Threats

Post by nemo »

Didn't he pretend to be black?
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: American STEPHEN GREATSINGER (Khmer440 Member 'BSCW') Arrested in Cambodia After US Embassy Threats

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

He was arrested three months ago? When did TOF's new owner take over and remove him and his thread from the site? Three months ago?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:53 am more to it than reported,
Why would they send out a check to someone whose passport expired and if they did
no way would they release his stimulus check to anyone but him.

US passport expired 2018
Trinidad pp expired 2009

Seem he had a history back in the states of fucking up

He had been attacking Murphy on K440 for years it seems

Bat shit's life is over
Classic move by the US in Cambodia - sieze ones current passport and then sick immigration police upon them. The 2008 is probably his previous passport

I guess the outgoing ambassador wanted to get even before he loses his gig
Alexandra
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Alexandra »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:18 pm He was arrested three months ago? When did TOF's new owner take over and remove him and his thread from the site? Three months ago?
I took over the site in January and BSCW was banned and his thread shut immediately.

He was a nuisance until late June when he threatened to kill me and my family. Then he had some kind of technical problem, I guess his computer broke or something, and he stopped visiting the site and days later he was arrested.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Alexandra wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:46 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:18 pm He was arrested three months ago? When did TOF's new owner take over and remove him and his thread from the site? Three months ago?
I took over the site in January and BSCW was banned and his thread shut immediately.

He was a nuisance until late June when he threatened to kill me and my family. Then he had some kind of technical problem, I guess his computer broke or something, and he stopped visiting the site and days later he was arrested.
It appears he was more than just a mere nuisance, more a bit of a psycho.
Alexandra
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Alexandra »

No sympathy from me. I hope the other inmates like his Backstreet Boys haircut.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

That's hilarious. They guy was a nutcase who actually lived up to his handle. Wasn't he on medication or something?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

As far as I know, the US can seize your passport if there is a warrant out for your arrest back in the states or if you owe more than $5,000 in child support.

They issue you a temporary travel document that's good for one trip back to the US.

As for threatening the embassy, here's a story from 12 years about a guy I used to know:

American to Be Deported Over Threat
https://www.voacambodia.com/a/a-40-0802 ... 54059.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

sigmoid wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:07 pm As far as I know, the US can seize your passport if there is a warrant out for your arrest back in the states or if you owe more than $5,000 in child support.

They issue you a temporary travel document that's good for one trip back to the US.

As for threatening the embassy, here's a story from 12 years about a guy I used to know:

American to Be Deported Over Threat
https://www.voacambodia.com/a/a-40-0802 ... 54059.html
Yeah, I know one American scumbag who is without his passport for like 5 years now due to delinquent child support payments. Still lives on riverside though.

Another guy had his passport taken over property taxes and immigration took him. He chose prison over repayment in the USA and is getting out this year.
Bernhardow
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bernhardow »

What´s TOF ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic