In need of a good wood worker

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

In need of a good wood worker

Post by Lonestar »

Hello,

I have a Khmer wood worker who is refinishing the wood trim on my house and doing a few carpentry jobs for me. I think I am going to fire him today. Does anyone know of anyone they could recommend?
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: In need of a good wood worker

Post by Marty »

Lonestar wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:25 am Hello,

I have a Khmer wood worker who is refinishing the wood trim on my house and doing a few carpentry jobs for me. I think I am going to fire him today. Does anyone know of anyone they could recommend?
Hard to find. Many are allergic to work and enjoy wearing pajamas all day.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

Mine likes to show up, work for two hours and then demand another hundred bucks to buy supplies. If you give him the hundred...you don't see him for two days and then the cycle repeats itself.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Lonestar wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:43 am Mine likes to show up, work for two hours and then demand another hundred bucks to buy supplies. If you give him the hundred...you don't see him for two days and then the cycle repeats itself.
LOL, much worse than the pajama wearers. Those you know not to hire in the first place. I was going to say plant your boot in your guy's ass, but a better idea is get ahold of one of those phony Franklin bills and give him that to go buy supplies.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic