A hypothetical question

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

A hypothetical question

Post by bittermelon »

I was watching the "Norm MacDonald show" and he asked his guest Jane Fonda what I thought was an interesting question. He said, to paraphrase, "if you were offered a 2 week holiday that would be the best time you had ever had in your life- but you wouldn't be able to remember any of it, would you do it? Jane Fonda said no. I would definitely say yes. Any thoughts?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: A hypothetical question

Post by Freightdog »

No

NO!
It wouldn’t be part of your life except for that brief period of time.
The next step would be electing to have dementia.

Categorically no.
I’d be doubtful of eradicating any of the negatives of life, too.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

how do you know you have not already been on that holiday and forgotten it?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

bittermelon wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:29 am I was watching the "Norm MacDonald show" and he asked his guest Jane Fonda what I thought was an interesting question. He said, to paraphrase, "if you were offered a 2 week holiday that would be the best time you had ever had in your life- but you wouldn't be able to remember any of it, would you do it? Jane Fonda said no. I would definitely say yes. Any thoughts?
She's still trying to forget that 2 week holiday to this day.

8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

We already forget much of what happens in life, so why not take the 2 week holiday, enjoy it while it lasts, and when it's over, move on. No readjustment to normal life needed.

Such a 2 week holiday is like an amazing, passionate, romantic fling. Every moment is pure bliss and ecstasy. But deep in your heart you know it's too good to be true, and you know it's going to end at some point.

With both you have to return to normal life. The difference is that with one you forget and don't suffer, while with the latter, you never forget, and you suffer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic