When is it too late to look for love? (60 yrs)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: When is it too late to look for love? (60 yrs)

Post by GMJS-CEO »

For men it is too late after 55-60, women only have until 40-45. You can still try it out after but the odds aren't in your favor.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

OP’s mom is specifically looking for a Khmer American between 50-60s.

That limits the choices by a lot. Khmer did anything to survive the Khmer Rouge era. And were changed by it.

Culturally, Khmer men tend to have mistresses. So it’s not a surprise that he cheated on her. Just one of the reasons Khmer women might seek foreigners.

Maybe she needs to widen her field to find the love of her life.

Good luck to the OP.
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

I would say 3am, usually
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I would say..

mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Post by mehfisto »

When is it too late to look?

After dawn, I'd say.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:04 am OP’s mom is specifically looking for a Khmer American between 50-60s.

That limits the choices by a lot. Khmer did anything to survive the Khmer Rouge era. And were changed by it.

Culturally, Khmer men tend to have mistresses. So it’s not a surprise that he cheated on her. Just one of the reasons Khmer women might seek foreigners.
Yeah, because foreigners are so faithful.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Apsara_Angel wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:28 pm
The thing is, it seems really hard to find North American born Khmer men born between 1970 - 1960.
Why so specific? She’s going to be dating an individual, not a demographic.

If I’d restricted myself to never speaking to anyone outside what I considered to be my “ideal” race and age I’d have missed out on the happiest relationships I’ve had. In fact I’d go as far as to say that the one time I did get with someone based on box-ticking for things like shared interests, it ended up being a shitty miserable abusive relationship.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic