Dentist in a Lexus Arrested Following Fatal Accident (VIDEO)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Dentist in a Lexus Arrested Following Fatal Accident (VIDEO)

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Yeah the bike probably caused the initial incident by pulling out blind, but fuck that cold prick for thinking "let's just go back and kill them".

I hope someone pulls all his teeth without anasthetic
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Why don't people look or even have a quick glance to their left before pulling out of side roads, it take a second just to glance, I look both way every time, not saying that this was the case with this incident but it seems like common sense
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

DaveG wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:50 pm Why don't people look or even have a quick glance to their left before pulling out of side roads, it take a second just to glance, I look both way every time, not saying that this was the case with this incident but it seems like common sense
Too right.

This fucking gnaws at me. I used to like to ride close to the right side of the road to keep me away from smart phone distracted Range Rover tools.....but a few instances of almost swapping paint with some dip-shit, blasting out from a side street without so much as a glance at oncoming traffic, now I'm back riding in the center.
Kohker
BANNED
Austria

Post by Kohker »

DaveG wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:50 pm Why don't people look or even have a quick glance to their left before pulling out of side roads, it take a second just to glance, I look both way every time, not saying that this was the case with this incident but it seems like common sense
If you look you lose face.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Kohker wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:12 pm
If you look you lose face.
I'd rather lose face than get wiped out by a concrete mixer with no brakes
Kohker
BANNED
Austria

Post by Kohker »

South East Asian people have a higher propensity for dangerous behaviour????
mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Post by mehfisto »

Kohker wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:15 pm South East Asian people have a higher propensity for dangerous behaviour????
aka I couldn't give a fuk or I don't know?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I look both way every time,
This is what comes of having proper driving lessons and a proper competentcy test with safety being primary and the operation of the car secondary.
Kohker
BANNED
Austria

Post by Kohker »

I knew a young Khmer dude that was quite smart he ran a successful barang guesthouse,but he used to drive his moto like an absolute nutcase.
I told him if he kept driving like that he would be dead in a few years,he said no problem if die born again.😤😤😤😤
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

It's well known to Cambodians that if you hit someone in a car, it's cheaper to pay fatality compensation to the family than it is to pay ongoing and possibly extortionate medical bills to an accident survivor. They even joke about it. With this circumstance prevailing, I can't see that the backing over could be passed off as an accident.

Anyway, it's all over the Khmer about how cruel and savage this guy is, so the locals know what's up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic