Woman charged with stealing $2M of German boyfriend's land.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Woman charged with stealing $2M of German boyfriend's land.

Post by newkidontheblock »

Bring them to the west. Problem of being cheated by the Cambodian system, solved.

Now just waiting for the comments about how the western legal system cheats them, too.
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

MarkRobinson wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:55 am :dragonchase: ( 2 . 1 ) Western Men thinking of setting up business or buying land & putting it in their girlfriends /Wife's name ,,, ,Take note . :OD:
Everybody know they’re all a bunch of Jezebels. Which is why in my house there’s a lock on the knife drawer, I sleep in a cast iron codpiece and refuse to allow any ducks on the property. All the “brothers“ have been duly vetted and if a buffalo turns up sick, he’s expeditiously turned into steaks & burgers. Oh yeah and then there’s the local lad who works as my food taster.

So don’t give me no shit about how local marriages don’t work. I don’t wanna hear it.
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Rocky 666
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Rocky 666 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:10 pm I might be wrong, but I think they also have a child together, so it was also pretty important to come to some sort of compromise for the sake of the kid.
If they have child together,(wasnt mentioned in the article!) that changes everything. Having said that these Khmer birds would steal the eye out of your head once they lose interest. Either way I wish I was back in the Kingdom now, Miss it like crazy..Europe is lousy !!!
Rocky 666
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Rocky 666 »

Stiliko wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:31 am
MarkRobinson wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:55 am :dragonchase: ( 2 . 1 ) Western Men thinking of setting up business or buying land & putting it in their girlfriends /Wife's name ,,, ,Take note . :OD:
Everybody know they’re all a bunch of Jezebels. Which is why in my house there’s a lock on the knife drawer, I sleep in a cast iron codpiece and refuse to allow any ducks on the property. All the “brothers“ have been duly vetted and if a buffalo turns up sick, he’s expeditiously turned into steaks & burgers. Oh yeah and then there’s the local lad who works as my food taster.

So don’t give me no shit about how local marriages don’t work. I don’t wanna hear it.
Oh yeah brother, that was Class. You have got this place down to a tee !! My mate was woke by his Money mad Kahmer girlfriend in his bar ( Kampot, Fragapanni, Aussie Andy 2013 ) in typical Hitchcock fashion. He woke to find her over him with a knife in hand. She proceeded to put it through his protecting arm, Lovely, first thing in the morning kind of satanic stuff. Goes well with a coffee and a blood infusion.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:10 pm I might be wrong, but I think they also have a child together, so it was also pretty important to come to some sort of compromise for the sake of the kid.
It is stories just like this which makes me give words of caution to people posting for info about buying property in Cambodia. Not negative energy, just a good dollop of caution and cynicism. :hattip:
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Tarndog wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:41 am
I can already hear hundreds of barang responding to your warning, "But my gf really loves me, she's not with me for the money!!!"
"She's different!"
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:49 am Bring them to the west. Problem of being cheated by the Cambodian system, solved.

Now just waiting for the comments about how the western legal system cheats them, too.
Let's see how bringing her to the USA pans out. Hope it'll go as you wish, but I can see quite a few problems in that solution too.

I'm pretty sure moving abroad isn't for every Khmer girl.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Kammekor wrote:Let's see how bringing her to the USA pans out. Hope it'll go as you wish, but I can see quite a few problems in that solution too.

I'm pretty sure moving abroad isn't for every Khmer girl.
Thanks. The future is unknown, except to face it together.

But a big red flag would be if one considers their better half a ‘bird’ of some sort, instead of their equal or other half (making a whole).

As for missus, she is now enrolled in the last ACE class before the exam. Daily classes from here on in. She worries constantly about everything, but that’s already been foretold. (Khmer fortune teller said that a long time ago - she’s a worrier.)
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:43 am It was about time for the cambodian girls to up their game to thai standarts :clap:
please god no, do not jinx us the Khmer are very nice people compared to Thai.....
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic