"When Children Protest, Adults Should Tell them the Truth." Greta Thunberg - Climate Change Child Activist.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Re:

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Felgerkarb wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:54 am Since she isn't American, her opinion is not particularly solicited or valid.
America's footprint stamps all over the world.
For all our of lives USA have offered themselves as The Light On The Hill to the world.
Most of the free world has treaties and agreements and compacts with the USA based on mutual trust.
Many nations including mine have gone to fight Americas wars with them, repeatedly, even tho we know the stated reasons are sometimes a deception.

Get a grip - we all have an investment in this.
Suck eggs if don't like it - USA positioned themselves as leader of the whole free world.

Do you really think she/we have no valid opinion nor right to speak it, Felg?

ps, this is NOT anti-USA at all. just anti-Trump.
we are all looking for a stable reliable allie again
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:47 am
Felgerkarb wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:54 am Since she isn't American, her opinion is not particularly solicited or valid.
For all our of lives USA have offered themselves as The Light On The Hill to the world.
Most of the free world has treaties and agreements and compacts with the USA based on mutual trust.
Many nations including mine have gone to fight Americas wars with them, repeatedly, even tho we know the stated reasons are sometimes a deception.

Suck eggs if don't like it - USA positioned themselves as leader of the whole free world.

Ok, how about this, no more valid than me bitching about the Tories in England. I don't live there, I don't understand the nuances of being British. I generally stay out of politics of nations that I don't have a dog in the fight. That is all I am saying, especially with this self important, cardboard cutout hero of nothing that somehow is given unequal voice on the world stage.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:47 am

Thank fuck I'm from a neutral country, but democrats are bigger war mongers than republicans.

I could care less who is elected next month, but my money is on the sleazy old guy
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: "When Children Protest, Adults Should Tell them the Truth." Greta Thunberg - Climate Change Child Activist.

Post by DaveG »

^^^
Which one

canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: "When Children Protest, Adults Should Tell them the Truth." Greta Thunberg - Climate Change Child Activist.

Post by canucklhead »

I'll go with the non politician who is kissing his daughter.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

canucklhead wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:49 pm I'll go with the non politician who is kissing his daughter.
I don't know anything about American politics so can't comment regarding the different manifestos but I think you are right, Trump will probably get in again, we had the same situation in UK with the lack of a credible opposition, not many wanted to vote for Corbyn, Labour Party should have been done with him a long time ago, not saying Labour would have won the election but I think they would have done better if Keir Starmer had taken over sooner

PS, anyway back on track, how's Greta doing
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

canucklhead wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:49 pm I'll go with the non politician who is kissing his daughter.
Donald J Trump wrote:Ivanka posing for Playboy would be really disappointing… not really. But it would depend on what was inside the magazine…I don’t think Ivanka would [do a nude shoot] inside the magazine, Although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said that if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.
Donald J Trump wrote:You know who’s one of the great beauties of the world, according to everybody? And I helped create her. Ivanka. My daughter, Ivanka. She’s 6 feet tall, she’s got the best body.
Donald J Trump wrote:Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father….

:?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Great sense of humour eh?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic