Best Passport for Traveling

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Best Passport for Traveling

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:40 am Last time I renewed my passport Australia was cheaper than NZ, looks like when renewal comes around I'm back to having kiwi passport
If I may be so bold...flipping national identities on your passport to save a few $'s will not help improve your reputation of being a tightwad! :D
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

mehfisto wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:52 am I personally really dislike the concept of political borders and paying to cross an imaginary line. Pretty sure the world would be a better place without borders. Opinions?
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

2800 Baht (around 100 US) for an Italian passport @ BKK embassy..took 3 days inlc. trip to immigration for visa transfer
work is for people who cant find truffles
mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Post by mehfisto »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:12 am
mehfisto wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:52 am I personally really dislike the concept of political borders and paying to cross an imaginary line. Pretty sure the world would be a better place without borders. Opinions?
No opinion should be dismissed without giving the honorable poster an opportunity to give an explanation.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

I saw online the Irish can order their new passport online. No need to go and have interviews in PP.

Any other countries do that?
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

mehfisto wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:11 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:12 am
No opinion should be dismissed without giving the honorable poster an opportunity to give an explanation.
I don’t think Doc has dismissed it; his answer is simply concise, and amply assisted by a picture.
It could be said that the people who oppose or protest at borders most, may be the ones that you want crossing them least!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

whatwat wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:08 am I saw online the Irish can order their new passport online. No need to go and have interviews in PP.

New Zealand, all done online, passport delivered by DHL from NZ straight to home address within 7 working days. The NZ online passport renewal system has been around for at least 10 years, fantastic system. Have applied for 3 passport renewals online and delivered to Cambodia in the past 6 years.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:37 pm
whatwat wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:08 am I saw online the Irish can order their new passport online. No need to go and have interviews in PP.

New Zealand, all done online, passport delivered by DHL from NZ straight to home address within 7 working days. The NZ online passport renewal system has been around for at least 10 years, fantastic system. Have applied for 3 passport renewals online and delivered to Cambodia in the past 6 years.
Three passports in 10 years?
You must travel a lot, bro.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

whatwat wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:44 pm
Three passports in 10 years?
You must travel a lot, bro.
[/quote]

Yea I do travel a bit, but mostly to countries which issue full page Visa stickers. Only 2 of the renewals were for me, they were 5 year passports (48 Visa pages though) which I filled up.within 3 years, before NZ finally reintroduced 10 yr passports, the other one was for my little human.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Just checked passport fees Cambodia embassy $308 USD, Australia on line application $298 AUS
Big difference after exchange rates.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic