Getting into Vietnam ?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Getting into Vietnam ?

Post by popping in »

Yesterday I abandoned hope of getting into SEA this winter, and embarked upon a mass cv spree in the hope of trying to find a job instead.

I have since however read that some people are managing to get into Cambodia, through various means, all of which I'm sure are legitimate.

I've been reading up about it today (after sending out the first batch of my actual job applications) and whilst it seems like a massive mission, I haven't totally ruled out the possibility of going for it if I don't get a job opportunity (other than any potential employment opportunity in Cambodia) materialise.

That said, Cambodia, lovely place though it is, is also the kind of place where I'd prefer to have an exit option in a period of less than the 3-4 months I would likely stay there if I went at all this time, and frankly if I had my pick of somewhere to spend 3-4 months for the winter I would probably choose Vietnam, where I still have a lot to see, where I'd be a new face with a blank slate, and where there is more room to well to put it bluntly hide, if things went tits up for any reason (I'm not a criminal or anything like that).

Which gets me finally to what should have been my very straightforward question. Are the same potential means of entry available to those wishing to visit Vietnam this winter as may be available to those wishing to visit Cambodia, or is Vietnam a complete no go ?

Thanks.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Getting into Vietnam ?

Post by hanno »

The only people let into Vietnam at this time are diplomats and highly skilled experts.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

H. A. L. O
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Get Roz’ to redo your CV. $50.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Is the border letting people into this side, because there was a bus load of people passed me and my Khmer friend the other day, I said to him I wonder where that came from. He replied Veitnam.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

Looked Vietnam up myself the other day, looked impossible to get there.

Maybe Malaysia or Indo?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic