Sherry

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Sherry

Post by samrong01 »

Does anybody know where I can buy a bottle of Sherry in Cambodia? I have been to all the liquor shops I know of: Lucky Mall, Angkor Market, Chao Hong Sok etc but nobody sells Sherry. Preferably in Siem Reap but if there is a place in Phnom Penh or elsewhere that could send a bottle that would be OK. Please only reply if you have actually seen Sherry on sale.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Sherry

Post by Anchor Moy »

Try calling Lucky Drink Shop on Monivong to ask if they have it.
☎️ 012 811 741
☎️ 012 821 123
☎️ 015 821 123
(Or Fb message.)

Sorry didn't see that you are in SR. Lucky Drink do deliver to the provinces, but no idea if they would send one bottle. Ask and see.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

samrong01 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:29 pm Does anybody know where I can buy a bottle of Sherry in Cambodia? I have been to all the liquor shops I know of: Lucky Mall, Angkor Market, Chao Hong Sok etc but nobody sells Sherry. Preferably in Siem Reap but if there is a place in Phnom Penh or elsewhere that could send a bottle that would be OK. Please only reply if you have actually seen Sherry on sale.
I am going into the wine shop on 240 today, I will have a look for you. As sherry is widely used in cooking I suspect there will be some, somewhere, although it might be the cooking variety (with salt added as a preservative).
hmmmokay
Tourist
United States of America

Post by hmmmokay »

I saw a bottle labeled "cooking wine" at E-Mart on Street 144 and Street 15 (I think). Walk in the door turn left into first aisle, is on the right towards the end of the aisle on bottom shelf (under the ketchup). Is probably a Sherry (its in a wine bottle:) Good store, I shop there often.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:56 pm Try calling Lucky Drink Shop on Monivong to ask if they have it.
☎️ 012 811 741
☎️ 012 821 123
☎️ 015 821 123
(Or Fb message.)

Sorry didn't see that you are in SR. Lucky Drink do deliver to the provinces, but no idea if they would send one bottle. Ask and see.
Thanks for the info. Tried calling them (in Khmer). They have no clue what Sherry is. Appreciate Doc67 looking for me. I doubt "Cooking wine" is Sherry as its not really the same thing. I just use any reasonable wine for cooking.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Last suggestion: Celliers d'Asie. This one's in Siem reap.

Opening Hours: Mon - Sat, 8am - 12pm & 2pm - 6pm
Phone: (+855) 63 964 409
https://www.siemreap.net/listings/les-celliers-dasie/
mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Post by mehfisto »

Try Jeremy

https://www.facebook.com/Wine-Cambodia- ... /?ref=py_c

Used to be a cop in the UK.

Nice guy, great wines and spirits.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Thanks to Anchor Moy. I had seen Celliers d'Asie before but never been there and never thought of them. Now have been there and like everybody else they have no clue what Sherry is. I am trying Jeremy but notice that he has not updated since July.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic