yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: New iPhone 12

Post by yong »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkell ... 358ec1088b

New Apple Leak Reveals iPhone 12 Design Shock
Gordon Kelly Consumer Tech

For many, the most controversial thing about Apple’s iPhone 12 range is the mystery surrounding their launch date, but new leaks have revealed a much bigger concern.

iPhone 12 Pro Max concept render EVERYTHINGAPPLEPRO

Earlier this week, popular YouTuber Filip Koroy (aka EverythingApplePro) and prolific leaker Max Weinbach combined to reveal Apple is set to give the iPhone 12 Pro Max significantly more features than the iPhone 12 Pro. The pair didn’t break down these differences, but now MacRumors has and you might be in trouble if you don’t like very big phones.

The site reveals the massive 6.7-inch iPhone 12 Pro Max may get display, camera and connectivity advantages over the 6.1-inch iPhone 12 Pro. Bringing together multiple sources, MacRumors reports that the bigger phone could exclusively feature Apple’s new 3D mapping LiDAR camera, a 120Hz ProMotion display (this divides sources) and be the only iPhone 12 model to have mmWave, the fastest version of 5G.

On the flipside, the iPhone 12 Pro Max is said to be “among the last models to become available” with the all-new iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 expected to arrive earlier, and possibly the iPhone 12 Pro as well. The tallies with multiple leaks even with their announcement seemingly just two weeks away.

Right to left: iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro - renders based on ... [+] EVERYTHINGAPPLEPRO

Of course, the problem here is not only size. Yes, many iPhone fans do not want a 6.7-inch smartphone, but the bigger issue here is the return to treating more pocketable iPhones as second class citizens. That’s plausible for the non-Pro models, but a “Pro” should always fit that moniker and it would be a shocking backwards step for a company which has enjoyed so much success in giving feature parity to both the iPhone XS and iPhone 11 lines.

Needless to say, if the leaks are right, Apple’s design decision is also going to hit upgraders in the pocket, with the company set to increase prices across the range, while also cutting costs by removing EarPods and the wall charger, due to the high cost of 5G modems. This is particularly hard to swallow when the company is also downgrading iPhone 12 batteries compared to their predecessors.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, 5G is not worth the price premium in 2020 and, with that in mind, the best next-generation iPhone looks set to be the one Apple will release early next year.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/iphone-12-benchmarks

iPhone 12 leak just revealed how it will destroy all Android phones
By Alan Martin 10 hours ago

Leaked benchmark results for the A14 Bionic tease the mighty power of the iPhone 12

Each generation of new Apple mobile chip brings about a solid performance improvement, and it looks like the A14 Bionic will be no different. In fact, the iPhone 12 should once again be the fastest phone on the planet.

The chip, which is set to power the new iPad Air 2020 as well as the iPhone 12, has just made its benchmarking debut, shared by established leaker Ice Universe on Twitter.

Twitter’s cropping cuts off key information there, but if you expand the picture you’ll see this test was taken in Geekbench 5 on the iPad. The numbers are the key thing, with a single-core score of 1,583 and a multi-core result of 4,198.

For context, iPhone 11 Pro scored scored 1,337 on the single-core portion of the test and 3,509. So the iPhone 12 could be 18% faster on the single core and nearly 20% faster on multi-core.

Assuming the iPhone 12 performs as well as the new iPad Air, it would blow away all Android phones. The Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, which is powered by the latest Snapdragon 865 Plus chip, scored 985 and 3,294 on Geekbench 5. That would make the A14 Bionic 60% faster on the single-core test and 27% faster on multi-core.

Against the current iPad Air, the A14 Bionic results are even more impressive and seems to confirm Apple’s pitch at the launch event that the new iPad would be 40% faster than the previous version. A search of the Geekbench browser shows single-core scores of around 1,115 and multi-core scores in the 2,800 range for the third-generation iPad Air.

Of course, Geekbench 5 is only one measure of performance, but it is a good indicator that the A14 Bionic looks to be a very powerful chip.

While the iPad Air 4 has already been fully revealed, and will be available to buy from $599 later this month, full reviews have not yet appeared.

Alongside the A14 chip, the iPhone 12 family will be the first Apple devices to benefit from 5G connectivity, and it’s rumored that one or both of the ‘Pro’ versions will inherit the LiDAR sensor from top-end iPad Pro tablets for better camera and AR performance. Rumors persist that the Pro models will also get the much wished for 120Hz display update, but other tipsters insist that won’t be happening this year.

In terms of pricing, a huge leak emerged form this past week indicates that the basic 64GB iPhone 12 (now known as the iPhone 12 mini) will actually undercut the current iPhone 11 by $50 at $649. Obviously, the Pro models will cost more, though, starting at $999 for the 128GB model, and going all the way up to $1,399 for the 512GB iPhone 12 Pro Max.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

https://www.t3.com/au/features/iphone-1 ... s-rumors-4

iPhone 12 Apple event: release date, price, specs for Apple's next flagship
The iPhone 12 Apple event is fast approaching, so get up to speed with all of the leaks and rumours so far

Apple's next flagship is on the brink of launching, with the iPhone 12 event set for Tuesday, October 13. We're in for some big changes compared to last year's iPhone 11, with the biggest being the design, the SoC, and connectivity.

The iPhone 12 will feature Apple's new A14 Bionic processor, and is shrugging off the rounded corners of its most recent predecessors in favor of flatter edges reminiscent of iPhone 5.

All four models will support 5G, although there may a fifth model set to release in 2021 with LTE only, for a smaller price tag.

We didn't get an update about the smartphone at Apple's Time Flies event on September 15 because the iPhone 12 is getting its own dedicated launch event next week.

You can catch up on the announcements from Time Flies below, including the detils on the two new iPads and Apple Watch models Apple has lined up.

Or you can skip straight to the iPhone 12 leaks and rumors we've amassed so far to prep for the Apple event we've all been waiting for..

IPHONE 12 RELEASE DATE, PRICE, LEAKS AND NEWS

We've heard speculation some subtle design changes coming to the iPhone 12, as well as improvements to features like the camera. There's plenty to get excited about, and this phone is set to be the best-looking and most powerful iPhone in history.

Whether you want to know the specs of the iPhone 12 or the best guesses at the iPhone 12 launch date, we've got you covered here: read on to find out everything you need to know about the new iPhone 12.

What we can say for certain is that the arrival of the iPhone 11, the iPhone 11 Pro, and the iPhone 11 Pro Max have certainly upped our expectations when it comes to what to expect from the iPhone 12 this year. Those three handsets are stylish, super-powerful, and packed with Apple goodness.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Apple just pushed out a brand new iPhone SE as well: even with a slightly dated interface, the Apple quality oozes through, and it may give us some pointers as to what to expect from the iPhone 12.

Whatever Apple has in store with the iPhone 12, you'll find the best quality leaks, speculation, prices, rumored launch dates and other information in the guide that follows. Keep checking back as the iPhone 12 launch day approaches.

IPHONE 12: APPLE EVENT

Apple usually unveils its new iPhone in September every year, but the pandemic has thrown a spanner in the works of industries across the globe, and Apple hasn't managed to escape the fallout.

The event is expected to take place on Tuesday, October 13 in what we imagine will be a similar format to Apple's Time Flies event.

Once we get official confirmation of the livestream, and when and where to tune in, we'll let you know.

IPHONE 12: RELEASE DATE

New iPhones traditionally turn up every September like clockwork, but factory disruptions have meant the launch has been delayed.

Apple has confirmed an October release for the iPhone 12 but has yet to give us a solid date for the iPhone 12 reveal event. We're expecting to see the showcase in October, with the latest rumor putting the launch event squarely on Tuesday, October 13 with pre-orders opening on Friday, October 16.

The iPhone 11 got three variants last year, but multiple sources have confirmed we'll be getting four iPhone 12 models this year along with a slightly revised naming scheme that sees the smallest of the devices sporting the moniker 'iPhone 12 Mini' while the iPhone 12 Max will simply be referred to as the iPhone 12.

So when October 13 rolls around, expect to see the 5.4-inch iPhone 12 Mini, 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro, and the whopping 6.7-inch iPhone 12 Pro Max.

There's speculation that the four models could get a staggered release with the 5.4-inch iPhone 12 Mini and 6.1-inch iPhone 12 launching in October, and the 6.1-inch iPhone 12 Pro and 6.7-inch iPhone 12 Pro Max following at a later date – possibly in November.

A fifth, LTE-only iPhone 12 may also be joining the line-up to offer a more affordable option. Dubbed the iPhone 12S, reports suggest it will debut between Q2 and Q4 2021.

With the new iPhone SE for 2020 now on sale, and the iPhone 8 line discontinued, it may well be that the iPhone XR gets the chop from Apple's official range when the iPhone 12 models finally appear. Don't worry though, because something mid-range will be along to take its place.

IPHONE 12: PRICE

When it comes to the cost, the iPhone 12 range will sport the premium price tag you'd expect. The most recent reports predict that the iPhone 12 series will be $100 more expensive that the iPhone 11 to account for the cost of 5G connectivity.

That means that rather than the starting price of $699 for the base model which we were expecting, we're looking at $799, while the iPhone 12 Mini will start at $699.

Meanwhile the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max are reported to start from $999 and $1,099 respectively for the 12GB variants.

At a straight conversion, that's around £620 for the iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini, depending on the pricing structure across four models, £850 for the iPhone 12 Pro, and £930 for the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Looking back at the iPhone 11 series for comparison, the base model launched at $699/ £729, the iPhone 11 Pro started at $999/ £1,049, and the iPhone 11 Pro Max was priced at $1,099/ £1,149, so we'll probably see those GBP prices get hiked up, given that a straight conversion isn't the most accurate way to get regional pricing.

So if you're in the market for an iPhone 12, you should probably start saving sooner rather than later, or wait until next year to pick up the cheaper 4G model.

IPHONE 12: SCREEN AND DESIGN

We've already seen some stunning renders of what the iPhone 12's new design might look like, based on all of the rumors that have appeared so far – rumors that suggest Apple is going back to a more classic iPhone look, pre-iPhone 6, and is ditching rounded corners for flat edges.

Apple is sticking with the notch, which may have been shrunk ever-so-slightly, and a hands-on video with one of the Pro models indicates that the bezels may also be getting reduced. A recent concept video also gave us a preview of what the iPhone 12 Pro might look like.

Another addition is the new Dark Blue colorway, replacing the Mint Green of the iPhone 11. We've also heard that the iPhone 12 Mini will be sporting six different colorways, while the remaining models will be available in just three: black, white, and silver.

Videos showing dummy units, based on leaked spec sheets, are also doing the rounds. Check out the one below, which shows how the newly reconfigured iPhone 12 might look (or the back of it at least).

A sticking point for Apple has been its displays, with all three of last year's iPhone 11 models sporting 60Hz panels. It looked like Apple was finally upgrading it flagship with a 120Hz display, but that particular rumor looks like its been put to bed at last; so don't expect to see an iPhone 12 model with a 120Hz refresh rate.

IPHONE 12: SPECS AND FEATURES

We can guarantee that Apple is going to pack some upgraded components inside the iPhone 12, including its new A14 Bionic chip that is set to give the Snapdragon 875 a run for its money – although recent benchmarks suggest a less powerful version mid-range B14 chip could be coming to the iPhone 12 Mini.

Considering the A13 Bionic is blazing fast, we're looking forward to seeing what its successor brings – and leaked benchmarks suggest it'll be very, very fast indeed.

When it comes to the four iPhone 12 variants, the most notable differences will be the display size, and the additional cameras as the models scale up.

We've also heard that some iPhone 12 models could be making the move to 6GB of RAM for the first time, according to analysts, which would give users better performance when working with multiple apps, large files, and advanced tech such as augmented reality. The cheapest iPhone 12 look set to stick with 4GB of RAM.

On the camera-front, it sounds like the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Max will pack two cameras, while the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max will house four; although some leaks point to a dual camera setup on the two first two models.

We may also see an upgrade from the iPhone 11's 5P lens for its ultrawide camera, and 6P lens for both its telephoto and wide angle cameras, to a 7P lens module on the iPhone 12.

Apple has never been all that keen to add extra camera lenses, but it's something a lot of phone buyers prioritise now, so the company looks set to up its game in that department.

With the iPad Pro now featuring a LiDAR camera along with everything else, for better depth and augmented reality effects, it would appear the Pro models in the iPhone 12 range are going to follow suit. The fact that the camera bump looks significantly larger than the iPhone 11's also suggests some kind of hardware upgrade is on the cards.

What's more, the general consensus seems to be that 2020 is going to be the year that Apple adopts 5G on its flagship iPhone range,you can expect all four handsets to come 5G ready, with the cheaper handsets using sub-6Hz 5G and the iPhone 12 Pro Max said to use mmWave to take advantage of the full power and speed of the network, making it the ultimate future-proof smartphone. There has been talk that Apple will even build its own 5G antenna, rather than relying on an off-the-shelf component from Qualcomm.

IPHONE 12: OTHER RUMORS AND NEWS

The iPhone 12 will of course come with iOS 14 on board right out of the box, and Apple has already given us plenty of official updates on that: you can look forward to home screen widgets, picture-in-picture mode, improvements to messaging and yes, more emoji later on this year.

We may even see the iPhone 12 might come with an illuminated rear logo, based on a patent spotted last year, but tech in patents doesn't always end up being used in actual products, so don't get too excited – we've not seen or heard anything on this feature since.

We're still slightly concerned by reports that the iPhone 12 models won't be offering much of a battery size upgrade this year, but we trust the engineers at Apple to make sure the necessary optimisations and enhancements are included on the software side to get as much out of the battery as possible.

The iPhone 12 could see the return of Touch ID with an in-screen fingerprint reader, and we wouldn't be surprised if that's the case – it gives users more biometric security options besides Face ID, and the technology now seems to be mature enough for Apple to be happy with its speed.

Finally, there has been talk that Apple won't include a charger or any earbuds in the box with the iPhone 12, to cut down on costs and to save on e-waste. However, a braided Lightning-to-USB-C cable will apparently be included, to go alongside your shiny new iPhone.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I got 2 iphones now because I have 2 phone numbers and they don’t make dual sims .
I really want the newest one(s) but i am not buying because i’m fed up with apple because they are made in china 🇨🇳
So i am boycotting the new one for the time being ( until i see it being sold somewhere I guess )
The iOne has closed in siem reapy so not sure 🤔 where to get a real one anyway .

Young; i thought you were a big fan of china . I thought you always were bragging about all your food 🍱 pictures were taken on a huawai ? Right ?
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

I'm buying 3. Model ZP for myself with eSIM. 2 x ZA (Hong Kong model with dual sim) for my two Cambodian friends. I give them one every year. Loyal friends are rare and irreplaceable.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

ergosemper wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:48 am I'm buying 3. Model ZP for myself with eSIM. 2 x ZA (Hong Kong model with dual sim) for my two Cambodian friends. I give them one every year. Loyal friends are rare and irreplaceable.
For a brand new, free phone every year, I know a lot of people who'd be happy to be your loyal friends.
mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Post by mehfisto »

details leaked 'accidentally' (iow on purpose)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

New iPhones have an eSIM in addition to a physical SIM slot. In my current iPhone, the main number is on the eSIM with the idea I can go abroad, and grab a cheap SIM for internet use.

Apple controls both the hardware and the software, so it maximizes the software for the best hardware performance and designs the best hardware to take advantage of the software.

Previously Android phones got around this limitation by having faster processors, larger on board memory and bigger batteries. It’s going to be interesting what the response will be.

I love this smartphone competition. It forces everyone to innovate and makes things better and better.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:25 pm I will be ordering. My eyes are getting older and keep needing a large screen to see the text clearly. Or just stop reading CEO. But ordering a new phone is easier.

I justify it because work requires multiple daily clear screen pictures to justify productivity as well as continuous tethering software that also requires the latest system and phone requirements that make it impossible on older phones.
I don't need to justify a gott damn thing. I'm ordering 10 to sell because I know there are plenty of you biatches out there with a thousand dollars burning holes in your pockets for this shiny piece of junk!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic