Man on Moto Drives Off Bridge Under Construction

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man on Moto Drives Off Bridge Under Construction

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Svay Rieng): A man, due to riding a motorbike too fast, failed to apply the brakes and fell into the bridge construction site, causing his sudden death at the scene on the morning of October 5, 2020 in Trapeang Thkov village, Pong Teuk commune, Romduol district.

According to the Romduol District Police, the victim was Soveth, a 29-year-old local man living in Andong Krasaing Village, Pong Teuk Commune, Romduol District, Svay Rieng Province. He was riding a red 2007 Honda 125 motorcycle with license plate Kampong Chhnang 1A 4026.
The police confirmed that the man who was involved in the accident was driving too fast, the brakes did not work, and he fell into the construction site, causing his death.

At present, the victim's body has been taken to the family for traditional rites, while the family has requested the motobike to be repaired for use.

More photos are in the darknet section of the forum.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Man on Moto Drives Off Bridge Under Construction

Post by jaynewcastle »

I wonder how fast you have to be going, not to notice the whole bridge was missing ? :)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I wonder if it wasn't deliberately done. The OP says that he lived locally, and the fact that the bridge is not finished can't have escaped his notice surely ? Unless he thought he could do an Evil Kneivel ?

RIP.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Probably drunk and forgot the bridge was not finished. :shock: :shock:
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

he would have had to have pass all if the signage and Hi Viz barriers that are always so carefully erected around such sites so no idea how he could have missed it......

As someone who also drove in to a huge hole someone decided to dig in a track I used to drive along I know how easy it can be. Also if you look at the first photo I dont think there would have been that much visible above ground level when approaching until he was fairly close and it is not easy to come to a rapid stop in the red stuff.

Speed was undoubtedly a factor but I think the lack of warning was probably the bigger contributor
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

jaynewcastle wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:41 pm I wonder how fast you have to be going, not to notice the whole bridge was missing ? :)
Or how drunk...
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

I feel bad for the family. They were so distraught at his death that they requested the motorbike to be repaired for personal use.

The driver can only posthumously feel so loved.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic