Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

No flights to Myanmar Until November at Least
3 October 2020
Myanmar Central Committee for Covid-19 Prevention, Control and Treatment has ordered the suspension of international passenger flights until October 31.
According to the statements from the Ministry of Health and Sports and the Civil Aviation Department, international passenger flights at Yangon International Airport have been suspended since March 30 this year.
https://elevenmyanmar.com/news/yangon-i ... october-31
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

F.M.D if the virus doesn't kill ya the cleaning agents will.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Hi, has anyone been tested at Chak Angre instead of Khmer Soviet hospital? What were the queues like?

If I check on google maps i see Chak Angre Poly clinic and Chak Angre Health centre - I am assuming the latter is where the test is to be done?

I heard the queues in Khmer Soviet can be horrendous so wanted to avoid that if possible
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Element6 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:16 am Hi, has anyone been tested at Chak Angre instead of Khmer Soviet hospital? What were the queues like?

If I check on google maps i see Chak Angre Poly clinic and Chak Angre Health centre - I am assuming the latter is where the test is to be done?

I heard the queues in Khmer Soviet can be horrendous so wanted to avoid that if possible
I went to the KSFH and it was ok. Took about 15 minutes to get processed and about the same waiting for the test. Go before 10am and TAKE CASH, no cards or deduction from your deposit. $130 is what they will demand.

They wont tell you if you are negative but if you are positive they'll just hunt you down in hazmat gear, so be where you are supposed to be for at least 48 hours after test.

Have fun...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Land borders in Cambodia and Laos are all officially closed. Yet, it seems that there are ways and means for certain people to cross the frontiers.
On October 15, 2020, at 12:20 PM, the Trapeang Kriel International Border Crossing Police Station (Cambodia) cooperated with Chattalysak officers (Laos) to inspect and facilitate the departure of 3 Chinese nationals from Cambodia to go to work in Laos.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia news, Stung Treng: On November 03, 2020, at 13: 55, Tropaeng Kreal International Borders Police , in collaboration with Laos border officials, allowed two foreigners to enter the Kingdom of Cambodia through the land border from Nong Nok Khiene (Laos). The immigration authorities allowed the entry of 1 French and 1 American national to come to work in Cambodia, in Phnom Penh. The two foreigners had their temperature taken at the border and have been directed to Stung Treng for further Covid-19 tests.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

WOW amazing :facepalm:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wow, lucky or what?
I wonder....
no $2,000 deposit, no quarantine? no insurance required?
directed to ST , not put on a private closed in bus?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:19 pm wow, lucky or what?
I wonder....
Who says no deposit ? Lol, I know that border crossing quite well, and I am pretty sure that there was some sort of "deposit" paid at the border on both sides. Even before covid, that border gate was known for demanding extra cash to go through.
After that, the foreigners are probably confined in a hotel at Stung Treng for 24h awaiting the covid test results. I don't have a problem with that, do you ?

What intrigues me is that although the border with Laos is officially closed, we have seen regular info about foreigners arriving or leaving through this border gate. Officially, all land borders between Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam are still closed to westerners AFAIK.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:48 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:19 pm wow, lucky or what?
I wonder....
Who says no deposit ? Lol, I know that border crossing quite well, and I am pretty sure that there was some sort of "deposit" paid at the border on both sides. Even before covid, that border gate was known for demanding extra cash to go through.
After that, the foreigners are probably confined in a hotel at Stung Treng for 24h awaiting the covid test results. I don't have a problem with that, do you ?

What intrigues me is that although the border with Laos is officially closed, we have seen regular info about foreigners arriving or leaving through this border gate. Officially, all land borders between Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam are still closed to westerners AFAIK.
look what i wrote.

I said I WONDER
only extra i paid on that border i think, once was an extra $5 and that was with a Thai registered car
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic