Sokkhim Chen

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Sambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Sokkhim Chen

Post by Sambodia »

Long time lurker here, making first post. Just found out my long-time tuk-tuk, friend, chemist in PP Sokkhim Chen passed. Did anybody else know him by chance? When I first met him it was by lakeside in 2010, he later would hang out at st 178 and riverside. RIP

Below is his FB for reference
https://www.facebook.com/sokkhimtuktuk
dodiengdaga
Expatriate
Philippines

Re: Sokkhim Chen

Post by dodiengdaga »

RIP to your friend. I don't know him, but he seems awfully young to die.
Sambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Sambodia »

Thanks friend, yes its tragic and he was too young, he also leaves behind 2 young children. He was a talented and great guy who struggled with mental health and substance issues like many young/poor khmer of his generation
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Very sad to leave two young kids without a dad. Condolences to his family and friends.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

For all our Tuk Tuk drivers who pass...
They all deserve a final ride around town just like this
especially those wonderful regulars who take such good care of us barangs.
You go with honour my friend.
and know that many of us love you all like brothers.

Sokkim Chen, Charioteer

but you will never really leave us
Sambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Sambodia »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:35 am For all our Tuk Tuk drivers who pass...
They all deserve a final ride around town just like this
especially those wonderful regulars who take such good care of us barangs.
You go with honour my friend.
and know that many of us love you all like brothers.

Sokkim Chen, Charioteer

but you will never really leave us
Wow, what a beautiful and moving tribute. Thank you for sharing, Cambodian Charioteer indeed. These are very tough times for Tuk Tuk drivers in Phnom Penh (and just about everyone else in the world), so important to remember them and try to help as best we can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic