Cambodian Man Buys Shoes for Australian-American on Hard Times

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodian Man Buys Shoes for Australian-American on Hard Times

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A feel good story. Andy is not a beggar, but he is in trouble, so perhaps someone knows him and could give him a hand ?
A Cambodian man explains his encounter with Andy on social media:
Cambodia News: An elderly Australian American man named Andy got new shoes from a Cambodian man. According to social media, an account named Steaven San:
"On September 30, 2020, at noon, I went to pick my little girl at school. I saw an elderly foreign man was sitting on the street in the Khan Don Penh office, and he had only one side of shoes, and another side he wore a plastic bag. I felt overwhelmed. When I left school, he was still there. I went to talk to him, and my little girl stayed away. Then, my daughter came closer and took pictures.

Andy is an Australian American. He used to work as an electronic expert in a telecom company in Australia. On his holiday, he came to visit Cambodia and felt in love with a Cambodian woman. Then, he decided to move to Cambodia and did business. His business failed, and his relationship ended as well. He was upset, so he has been walking without direction. He became homeless. Andy decided to die in Cambodia. I gave Andy money to buy new shoes, but he refused to take the money. He said he wasn't a beggar. So, I decided to buy him new shoes, and I told him to wait for 30 minutes.
Andy: Can I request one point?
Me: Go ahead if I can do it for you.
Andy: Please, don't buy me pink shoes.
Me: Agreed

I left him and went to buy the shoes with the sample foot that I draw on the paper. Thirty minutes later, I returned with two new shoes, two pairs of socks, a box of the mask, some food and drink. Andy tried the shoes with a smile, and he put a bag of food on the street. It showed me that he needed the shoes for walking. Andy said, " If I have a chance, I will pay you back. You are the first person who took action on me. " I replied," God bless you," Andy said, God doesn't help me. He will help you and stayed with you and your daughter.
Andy tried to get up, but he couldn't, so I helped him. When I released him, he fell. It scared my daughter. Fortunately, he was fine. Andy showed me his legs that got some bruise. He was difficult to stand up or step up. He tried to stand up again carefully. He shook by hand with appreciation. Andy walked like a kid with food.

Andy said of goodbye to my daughter and me. My daughter said she felt pity for him. I told her, " Life is unpredictable. Sharing each other in need circumstances is priceless."
Steaven San

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian Man Buys Shoes for Australian-American on Hard Times

Post by nemo »

Is that a former poster?
Skankykins
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Skankykins »

Good for the local, although I can't help but think there are more deserving people (ie locals) around. What's with that ridiculous jizz shield yet no face mask?

Came across this in my YT feed - it made me chuckle...

Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Post by Sir Stephen »

Skankykins wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:21 pm What's with that ridiculous jizz shield yet no face mask?
A hostile world out there..

STEVITO
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by STEVITO »

Donald Sutherland seems to have fallen on hard times.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic