Are you voting for Joe Biden

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Are you voting for Joe Biden

Post by phuketrichard »

I recall a move called
Dumb and Dumber

thats what the 2020 election is all about
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Are you voting for Joe Biden

Post by Robins »

I'll try but there will be 3 feet of snow in Bangkok and i might not reach the embassy. I wish he'd have that last big stroke.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

I have been working in the U.S. for the past 5 months. In that time, I have seen one Biden bumper sticker, and hundreds of Trump signs, bumper stickers, billboards, etc. You cannot drive anywhere in the heartland of America for 20 minutes without seeing Trump signs. I also have been regularly wearing a Trump ball cap. I thought I might get some flak from wearing it. So far, not one negative comment, and two or three time a week I get compliments on it.

Trump is a bigger political movement than Regan ever was. In a free and fair election, he wins for a third time hands down.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Lonestar wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:23 pm I have been working in the U.S. for the past 5 months. In that time, I have seen one Biden bumper sticker, and hundreds of Trump signs, bumper stickers, billboards, etc. You cannot drive anywhere in the heartland of America for 20 minutes without seeing Trump signs. I also have been regularly wearing a Trump ball cap. I thought I might get some flak from wearing it. So far, not one negative comment, and two or three time a week I get compliments on it.

Trump is a bigger political movement than Regan ever was. In a free and fair election, he wins for a third time hands down.
Location, location...

If a free and fair election means 'finding votes for Trump' in the swing states he'll win hands down.

You do know there's a whole area outside of the American heartland not being in love 2ith Trump, don't you?
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

Trump is not popular just in the heartland. He is popular with working men everywhere. Mexicans love Trump. The lower Rio Grande Valley in Tx. has been solidly blue for generations. No longer. In the last two years, I see zero support for Biden...and unprecedented support for a President that has been out of office for nearly two years. MAGA is the biggest movement in American politics in a century. There is an area outside of the heartland where Trump is not liked. If you look
at Trump support on a map, it is a sea of red with small pockets of blue on each coast and in a few cities. People who live outside the U.S. and who consume mainstream media, will likely underestimate how much the American people support Trump
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:48 pm
You do know there's a whole area outside of the American heartland not being in love 2ith Trump, don't you?
True, but even amongst all my American relatives who are democrats (read that as none of them are republicans), none of them like Joe Biden.

It was either Bernie, Andrew Yang or Tulsi Gabbard...NONE of them like Joe Biden.

That being said, I don't think Trump support is as big as is made out to be. He got booed in a rally in Missouri? I want to say (maybe Mississippi), either or, it was hardly a bastion of democrats that were upset either. If anything I'd wager that Ron DeSantis has a better shot in 24' than Trump at this rate...

Don't matter to me, don't know why my maple syrup harvesting ass is commenting to be honest.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Lonestar wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:17 pm Trump is not popular just in the heartland. He is popular with working men everywhere. Mexicans love Trump. The lower Rio Grande Valley in Tx. has been solidly blue for generations. No longer. In the last two years, I see zero support for Biden...and unprecedented support for a President that has been out of office for nearly two years. MAGA is the biggest movement in American politics in a century. There is an area outside of the heartland where Trump is not liked. If you look
at Trump support on a map, it is a sea of red with small pockets of blue on each coast and in a few cities. People who live outside the U.S. and who consume mainstream media, will likely underestimate how much the American people support Trump
Biden won both the elections and the popular vote in 2020.

Having said that, any other election than the 2020 one Trump would have won with his number of votes. But he ran in 2020, and lost. Apparently there was an even bigger group, not as vocal as the MAGA, not supporting MAGA/ Trump.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Lonestar wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:23 pm I have been working in the U.S. for the past 5 months. In that time, I have seen one Biden bumper sticker, and hundreds of Trump signs, bumper stickers, billboards, etc. You cannot drive anywhere in the heartland of America for 20 minutes without seeing Trump signs. I also have been regularly wearing a Trump ball cap. I thought I might get some flak from wearing it. So far, not one negative comment, and two or three time a week I get compliments on it.

bumper stickers, hats, tee shirts favoring one over the other all depends on where you are in the states<
didn't ya know that??

:facepalm:
what third time?> he lost the 2nd fair and square :hattip: Maga crowd..... bunch of wackos

Regan was never a political movement
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Lonestar wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:17 pm Trump is not popular just in the heartland. He is popular with working men everywhere. Mexicans love Trump. The lower Rio Grande Valley in Tx. has been solidly blue for generations. No longer. In the last two years, I see zero support for Biden...and unprecedented support for a President that has been out of office for nearly two years. MAGA is the biggest movement in American politics in a century. There is an area outside of the heartland where Trump is not liked. If you look
Here is your post before the election in November 2020.

post454730.html?#p454730
Lonestar wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:06 am Handicapping U.S. presidential elections is fairly basic. First, If you pick the incumbent every time, you will be right most of the time. Only two elected Presidents in the last 70 years have lost reelection...Carter and Bush Sr. Ford lost to Carter, but he was never elected.

Second, if you have an incumbent and the economy is good...he is nearly automatic. Right now the economy is bad, but 56% of Americans say they are better off now than four years ago, and I think Trump is trusted more to get the economy back on track.

Third, who is the most charismatic? Carter and Bush Sr. lost to Reagan and Clinton. Trump is charismatic and is the alpha...Biden is old and doddering, and has never been a good candidate in three tries at the Presidency. Even in the Dem. primaries he was polling at 8% until the powers that be rigged Super Tuesday.

Fourth, whose base is motivated? If you look at the size of the crowds at Trump rallies and look at spontaneous Trump parades around the country....it is clear that Trump's base is incredibly motivated, while on the other side...no one is voting FOR Biden, just against Trump.

Every indicator except for the polls are screaming Trump win.

At the current betting odds, Trump is a steal. I am heavily invested and might still get more money in.

Trump wins this by a mile.
How much did you lose?

Also, I do not think Trump will win, however, I am not confident enough in that to place a wager on it because the Dems put forth some terrible candidates.

And to answer the OP, I did not vote for Biden or Trump last time and will not this time.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Sorry sir but Trump is nothing more than a cult leader that has done nothing but promote fear and hate during his tenure. Unlike the MAGA extremists, people here aren’t going to chastise you because of your political affiliation.

Ronald Reagan was a true leader whereas Trump is nothing more than a cheerleader leading a pep rally.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic