CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Khmer440.com FINALLY admits we exist! (with link!)

Post by dagenham »

"I also found dagenham somewhat annoying on K440, but he also seems to have taken a different persona here. Sounds corny but I think it's true. Sorry if I hurt some feelings."

Deeply hurt, Mate. Of course, I'm annoying - wouldn't be doing me job if I wasn't. But I'm also clever, witty and insightful. Me Mum tells me this often. You don't even live here, right? You did once upon a time, eh?

I'm the same wonderfully intriguing fascinating (particularly "Awesome" whatever that means) bloke whatever forum I'm on...wearing my helmet as always...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

^Lexus deserves some karma! That sounded very unbiased.

Feel free to also post that on the K440 thread before it's locked. That would be cool.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

keeping_it_riel wrote:1) Strange that when General Z was confronted yesterday about the letter to our sponsor which also bagged Cavern, HE KNEW ALL ABOUT IT. This was before I made my post here. How could he have known about it?
Even if it was the General; keeping_it_deleted posted directly to an advertiser knocking this like a week ago on twitter...

As an ancient chinese proverb goes:

Man who lives in a glass house, should change underwear in the basement.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

That's a great post, BKL
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

FreeSocrates! wrote:
keeping_it_riel wrote:1) Strange that when General Z was confronted yesterday about the letter to our sponsor which also bagged Cavern, HE KNEW ALL ABOUT IT. This was before I made my post here. How could he have known about it?
Even if it was the General; keeping_it_deleted posted directly to an advertiser knocking this like a week ago on twitter...

As an ancient chinese proverb goes:

Man who lives in a glass house, should change underwear in the basement.
truth. while the person sending it wasn't us... i'm amazed he thinks we're the only people who don't like him. people were bashing 440 and him LONG before we came along.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

And they just deleted Lexus's post over there. Oh well. Thanks anyways.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

like a microscope on how nation states behave.

very revealing.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

I've been given permission by Jacked Camry to post this over here.

Just posting it as he's a well respected poster by many within the expat community and also has a fresh perspective on the matter:
Jacked Camry wrote:Frankly, you can be your own worst enemy much of the time KiR. Your temper is shorter than a hair trigger and you often act on your own worst impulses without thinking of the consequences.

On the other hand, it's a bitch to run a forum and keep all the children in line, glad I don't do it, and I would similarly have no interest in being a moderator in one. You'd have been much better served to just let things run their course, they'll end up in the same pickle as you are constantly in, dealing with idiotic posters, several of whom I see over there already. That's enough for me, I was just glad many of them were gone from here. Besides, this forum takes up far too much of my time as is. All fora will end up in the same general space, there's only so much you can do to curb human behaviour and anonymous internet behaviour is about the worst there is since normal controls for human interaction don't apply.

You might try taking the high road once, just to see what it's like.

I will also agree that modding fairly is not an easy task. I have a lot more respect for ALL the mods/admin over there, since starting CEO.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: (though we haven't had a gun-control debate yet)!
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

General Mackevili wrote:I've been given permission by Jacked Camry to post this over here.

Just posting it as he's a well respected poster by many within the expat community and also has a fresh perspective on the matter:
Jacked Camry wrote:Frankly, you can be your own worst enemy much of the time KiR. Your temper is shorter than a hair trigger and you often act on your own worst impulses without thinking of the consequences.

On the other hand, it's a bitch to run a forum and keep all the children in line, glad I don't do it, and I would similarly have no interest in being a moderator in one. You'd have been much better served to just let things run their course, they'll end up in the same pickle as you are constantly in, dealing with idiotic posters, several of whom I see over there already. That's enough for me, I was just glad many of them were gone from here. Besides, this forum takes up far too much of my time as is. All fora will end up in the same general space, there's only so much you can do to curb human behaviour and anonymous internet behaviour is about the worst there is since normal controls for human interaction don't apply.

You might try taking the high road once, just to see what it's like.

I will also agree that modding fairly is not an easy task. I have a lot more respect for ALL the mods/admin over there, since starting CEO.
I always like Jacked Camry's posts... always thought he was pretty objective (a hard thing to be on forums). And it's good to see GavinMac 'setting the record straight' at times. Props to those K440 posters.

:hattip:
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic