Do I look stupid? Another bad night

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Do I look stupid? Another bad night

Post by atst »

Khmu Nation wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:14 am Tightwad.
One place over charged me ,not happy.
Another place gives me discount, happy
how does this translate to being a Tightwad
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:54 pm Went for Indian food tonight yes I know I shouldn't but food tasted nice, just once started eating they were keen for me to take my food and go, many times asked if I wanted to take home, started to think maybe they stuck something in the food and wanted me to go before it kicked in, anyway so far so good not needing the toilet.
Bill comes $2 for 2 beers , draft beer 75 cents? Ohh we give you can beer , so where are my cans I say I only have a glass, did I win a motorcycle?
No you only win a beer ,ok take $1 off the bill
Fuck me food good, price ok but for 50cents they lost a customer for life dumb cunts.
I can't think how many times my bill has been wrong more times than right, yes sometimes in my favour but I let them know and pay the correct amount if good experience
What restaurant did you go to?
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

atst wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:44 am
Khmu Nation wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:14 am Tightwad.
One place over charged me ,not happy.
Another place gives me discount, happy
how does this translate to being a Tightwad
I dont think Tightwad is an insult. It basically means someone who keeps a close check on their expenditure and understands the value of money. Like the phrase Cheap Charlie, which I take to mean someone who would rather keep their money to themselves and not hand it out willy nilly to every third world bar girl and con artist.
As Omar Khayyam said, I wonder what the vintners buy, one half so precious as the stuff they sell.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic