Drunken Party Turns into Ax Murder Horror

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Drunken Party Turns into Ax Murder Horror

Post by Spigzy »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:47 pm
Queef wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:19 pm When you read the news about Cambodia (and this time I'm including pre-covid news), does it really sound like a country and a population that is moving in the right direction?
You could read the news about any country and get the impression it was all murder and mayhem.
And if the UK, also details on how many bedrooms their house has & what it is worth. :hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Queef wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:19 pm When you read the news about Cambodia (and this time I'm including pre-covid news), does it really sound like a country and a population that is moving in the right direction?
You could read the news about any country and get the impression it was all murder and mayhem.
Funny how you left out the Vietnamese part... Most countries are doing just fine. Poorly prepared ones like Cambodia, the UK, the Philippines, the US, freaking Portugal, are taking a huge hit. Others are either getting hurt sideways or relying on other means to get by.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

lagrange wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:56 pm
The old expression, if it bleeds it leads, and CEO is no exception. Would we bother to read about a Khmer party where everyone got mildly drunk, sang a few songs and went home to bed early? Would we read about a stepson who looked after his aged mum and cooked her tea every night? Would we bother to read a story about how there were absolutely no traffic accidents between Kampot and Kep for a 6 hour period on a Friday? the f**k we would. But give us an axe rampage, a stepmom dismemberment and the death of two Germans hit by a drugged truckie, and we read on, all the while shaking our heads and tutting about what an absolutely awful lot these natives really are. As someone once said (Trump maybe?), no-one ever lost money catering to the lowest common denominator.
I would actually love to read stories about Sreyleak from buttfuck nowhere that for some reasons woke up one morning, decided that aerospace engineering was her shit, and ended up getting a PhD from Yale without having to be connected to the lame ass, undereducated, Cambodian hi-so (Vietnamese and Eastern Europeans do it all the time). That would make me really fucking happy. That would give me a reason to tell the people I know that Cambodia and Cambodians are not a lost cause. That's what the entire world believes btw. The "oh my god poor people" days are long gone. No one has got time for some underdeveloped fucks. Shit. We've got plenty of dumb fucks in the bible belt that voted for Trump. We've got our hands full at home. We can't send money abroad. Our own people are dumb af
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Queef wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:30 am We can't send money abroad. Our own people are dumb af
The US hasn't supplied any substantial aid to Cambodia since the early 1970s. Get over yourself.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:16 am
Queef wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:30 am We can't send money abroad. Our own people are dumb af
The US hasn't supplied any substantial aid to Cambodia since the early 1970s. Get over yourself.
You should definitely inform yourself. The US, among other countries, have supplied Cambodia with tremendous financial and logistical aid. Sorry Bingham, you are not in that circle.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic