Worried about 2 British travellers in Cambodia - advice needed

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
MarlaMitelman
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: Worried about 2 British travellers in Cambodia - advice needed

Post by MarlaMitelman »

Thanks to everyone who's responded. They have both been located now and I'm just trying to work out what support they need. Thank you again.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Yeah, but is the Belgian bloke OK?
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

All is well that ends well. Glad you were able to contact them.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

They were probably too busy being "Godessesses" to phone home
MarlaMitelman
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by MarlaMitelman »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:05 pm They were probably too busy being "Godessesses" to phone home
Oh so you have met them...sigh.
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

I have met them and as they say "he's not far from the mark".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

MarlaMitelman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:31 pm Thanks to everyone who's responded. They have both been located now and I'm just trying to work out what support they need. Thank you again.
* I send them money every week for their accommodations and expenses. Last $ sent on Friday, normally picked up within 2-4 hours and normally they reply thank you. No reply and money still uncollected. They have been stranded there since June and I have been transferring them cash so I am their only source of income as far as I know.

May I respectfully suggest they are not "trapped". No British citizen is trapped here if they have access to funds.

This is the support they need...

$950 one way, each.
https://www.singaporeair.com/flightsear ... m#/booking
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:38 am
MarlaMitelman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:31 pm Thanks to everyone who's responded. They have both been located now and I'm just trying to work out what support they need. Thank you again.
* I send them money every week for their accommodations and expenses. Last $ sent on Friday, normally picked up within 2-4 hours and normally they reply thank you. No reply and money still uncollected. They have been stranded there since June and I have been transferring them cash so I am their only source of income as far as I know.

May I respectfully suggest they are not "trapped". No British citizen is trapped here if they have access to funds.

$950 one way, each.
I'm sure they will be grateful for your information, spending autumn and winter in good ol' England is so much better than in Siem Reap.....
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:43 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:38 am

$950 one way, each.
I'm sure they will be grateful for your information, spending autumn and winter in good ol' England is so much better than in Siem Reap.....
I would imagine Siem Reap is better, especially when someone else is footing the bill...
side
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by side »

If her Facebook is Kyrah Sophia Moore, then she says she's in a relationship with "Sensistar Goa".

When you click his FB, he is from Belgium:

https://www.facebook.com/Sensistar604/about

He also writes this about himself:

"About Sensistar
Inter-dimensional nomad, adventurer, seeker and a mystical creature. Im on my journey, to unite, to heal and protect. Unconditionally. Im a souvereign being, proudly serving the LIGHT, seeking truth and nothing but the truth is what i seek and find. I take full responsability for all my actions, words and intellectual property. From here to infinity, and to infinity and beyond. With LOVE and LIGHT.

I am that I am...
and so it was...

Ner'gal aka Au79
"

Which I am sure is reassuring.
Me, not that other crap.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic