Couple Burn Down Their Boat in an Argument

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Couple Burn Down Their Boat in an Argument

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I can see it
believe me

:D
peter.john
Tourist

Post by peter.john »

ImageImage
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Great stuff Peter. I have seen your Queen Tara before and had no idea it was constructed like that, I thought the hull was wood. And fantastic comeback to those who thought that concrete can't float!
Silence, exile, and cunning.
peter.john
Tourist

Post by peter.john »

Thanks John, i think the only reason more boats are not made from ferro cement is the cost in man hours,its very labor intensive,and not suited to be built in places having high incomes,but for se asia it makes sense,for larger boats at least,but we had to do this in house,using our existing builders and hiring extra labor,as all the boat builders we approached said it would not work,or quoted me a silly figure,Timber is very expensive now and hard to source, we recently built another boat last year using Koki Timber,was a much smaller boat,at 60 ft but can carry 50 people the costs where huge in materials alone, with timber prices now you better off going steel,but with both steel and timber the maint is an ongoing problem,with ferro cement the material actually gets stronger over time,it will still be floating in 100 years without any maint to the haul,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic