A good laugh at the news today

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

A good laugh at the news today

Post by rubberbaron »

I am retired so I have a lot of time on my hands, part of which I spend reading newspapers online. There are many stories that make me laugh but today I found three I need to share.

First, a story on Khmer Times (https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50764192/c ... y-country/) Cambodia was chosen as the top hospitality country in the world, the Ministry of Tourism said. Referring to a site called My International Movers. Now who are they? A freight forwarder. My goodness Khmer officialdom.

Second, a spokesman for the U. S. Department of Health accused federal scientists of 'sedition' because they are not hewing to the administration's line.

Third, Rush Limbaugh and Tucker Carlson (Americans will be familiar with them) claimed the wildfires in California have nothing to do with climate change.

Fourth, the Uber-Idiot in the White House actually said the Corona virus will go aways because of 'herd mentality'.

As an aside, is anybody following the events in Belarus? Don't they remind you of events in a SE Asian country? Even the characters are similar.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: A good laugh at the news today

Post by whatwat »

One story related to Cambodia the rest to America.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Here is the full lust of ten hospitable countries:
My International Movers reported that if foreigners decide to move their residence or just spend the best possible vacation, they should consider Cambodia, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, The Philippines, Vietnam, Iceland, Costa Rica, Ireland and Portugal.

I'd say that's a pretty decent list. And Cambodia is certainly number one for me.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

If you're interested in Belarus, read this:
https://app.hedgeye.com/insights/89031- ... t-insights

Not particularly similar to anywhere in SE Asia in my opinion.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:31 pm Here is the full lust of ten hospitable countries:
My International Movers reported that if foreigners decide to move their residence or just spend the best possible vacation, they should consider Cambodia, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, The Philippines, Vietnam, Iceland, Costa Rica, Ireland and Portugal.

I'd say that's a pretty decent list. And Cambodia is certainly number one for me.
I have never been to Iceland (brrrr) or Canada, and out of the rest the ones I would go to again would be Phillipines, Costa Rica and Vietnam. Cambodia, naturally - just waiting for my visa. Iceland? Really? Who the f*** wants to go to Iceland?
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

lagrange wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:14 pm Iceland? Really? Who the f*** wants to go to Iceland?
It's beautiful and the women are very friendly. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

lagrange wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:14 pm Iceland? Really? Who the f*** wants to go to Iceland?
2 million people last year.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pm
It's beautiful and the women are very friendly. 8-)
I guess all I know about Icelandic women is the singer Bjork. Well I say singer, I saw her act once at a Big Day Out, lots of weird costumes and some sort of tuneless droning and wailing. Maybe thats what passes for music there? I hope not. Anyway, long way to go to get chilled.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

It's gonna be amaaaaaazing.
when Donald Trump buys it...

It's true. in fact a whole bunch of famous world leaders called him this morning and told him.
"Donald, it gonna be just amaaaaaazing, when you buy that liddle ice island.
Nobody else could do it nobody else but you..."

That's ^^^ the kinda news that breaks me up in the morning and rolls me around the floor laughing.
'Cant get enough of it. Seriously hilarious stuff.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Greenland he wants. Not Iceland.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic