Deposit on Arrival - Which bank to Choose

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Deposit on Arrival - Which bank to Choose

Post by Doc67 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:46 am

I have noticed a few comments about some banks having different rules of paying the deposit back, second test needed, certificate needed etc.

It might be worth getting a better idea of people's experiences as there are quite a few of us that have gone through the process and it could provide useful information about which bank to choose for new arrivals.

If people could chip in with their experiences it would be helpful in getting a clearer picture of which bank to choose.

There is CAB and Canadia bank that I know of. Are there any more?

I dealt with:

Bank......CAB;

Amount.......Paid in full (less the expected deductions);

Where..........Central market branch (not the head office);

When..........Two days after taking the second test;

2nd Test Certificate.........Without the second test certificate.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Re: Deposit on Arrival - Which bank to Choose

Post by TWY » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:39 pm

ACLEDA

Siem Reap

Needed certificate from 2nd test (and I actually tried to get money back prior as when calling 115 was told to do so, ACLEDA had stapled an outline of the process to the receipt and pointed to that process in refusing to give money back prior to 2nd Test w/certificate) Note that I had to pay cash for the certificate at Siem Reap referral hospital.

Got back proper amount I believe - but no detailed breakdown provided when getting money back. I don't believe they charged me anything for their services but we also have an account with ACLEDA so don't know if that factored in or not.
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:26 pm

Canadia bank

Siem Reap

Would not give me cash back and pointed me to the ATM..
No increments of 5 dollars so only gut back 2760
Last test No charge .. Certificate paid 30 USD cash
But back said not needed
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:10 pm

CAB - no test results/certificate from 2nd test required. Only passport, deposit receipt and hotel invoice required. Received more back than expected according to my calculations which was a bonus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic