I HATE THAILAND!

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

I HATE THAILAND!

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The secret truth about the "I hate Thailand" video that went viral has been revealed.

The star of the popular feel-too-good video “I Hate Thailand” said this evening the production was indeed funded by Tourism Authority of Thailand.

Oliver Smith, who appears as “James” in the video’s sugary tale of boy-loses-bag, boy-gets-girl which has been met with equal parts love and hate, told Coconuts today the project was indeed a scripted work by production company "Hub Ho Hin" that was paid for by the government to remind the world of the hospitality and friendliness of Thai people.

"It was funded by TAT," Smith said by e-mail. " I believe the purpose of making it was to portray Thailand in a good light.

This is another angle on Thailand, an upbeat angle that shows the friendly, accommodating Thailand that a lot of expats and travellers alike can relate to."

hailand’s image has been battered by an unrelenting storm of real-life incidents and crises. So the video seems a government attempt to counter reality with fiction.

Although the video was heavily staged, Smith said he can't deny he has experiences similar to those in the video.

"Sure it's scripted, but it is unlikely that one could film all their misfortunes themselves. I personally have had experiences similar to that of 'James' and felt that the movie, although a little cheesy, was a nice 'feel good' film," he said.

Still, if it was funded by TAT as Smith said, then mystery solved. It’s unclear whether Smith was sharing the video privately before an official TAT rollout, or whether it was intended to be released unsigned as a guerilla marketing campaign.

As adamant boosters of Thailand and our home of Bangkok, we’d suggest there are countless true stories of kindness and generosity that could better tell that story. Start with this guy.

After all.....

...click link to continue reading...

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/11/20/i ... funded-tat
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: I HATE THAILAND!

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

In reality the girl in the video is a ladyboy who laced his drink with drugs. He woke up on the beach without his bag which the ladyboy stole, when he complained to the Thai beach bums who were actually jet ski thugs they beat him to death with a hoe. Police have pinned the murder on the monkey.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
potty
Expatriate

Re: I HATE THAILAND!

Post by potty »

it proves, that they of course know the "land of smiles" shit is nothing than a fairy tale... and want to keep that up in ppls mind.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic